Stories&Photographs

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Zack Fair

After being promoted to first class SOLDIER, creating a flower wagon for Aerith, defeating Sephiroth in about 10 times, searching for the 7 Goddess Materia, and beating the Genesis Avatar for about 10 minutes, I finally reached the very tragic ending of Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core.

SPOILER: After defeating about a hundred infantrymen, four more infantrymen came. Zack used his remaining energy to defeat them. Zack moved so slow, he was so weak then. He even found it hard to lift his sword. I became so attached to Zack I could feel how exhausted he was. It's as if it was I who fights the infantrymen.

He died dramatically at the end, after giving his last words to Cloud. I was touched when he said something like, "If you see Aerith, say hi for me." I felt so guilty. I never really liked Aerith for Zack. She seemed so gentle and she sort of forces herself towards Zack at the same time, like she's always the one calling Zack, she's the one saying, "I want to spend more time with you", and she's the one asking Zack for dates. I mean, be a little more reserved, Aerith! Moreover, she gave Zack a hard time finding materials for her flower wagon then she says she doesn't like it. I hated that part. Though I sort of loved the part where Zack helped Aerith sell flowers. At that moment, I still disapproved of Aerith. I wanted someone who could fight alongside Zack. Someone like Cissnei.

Anyway, I really felt guilty about being harsh towards Aerith. She sent 89 letters to Zack during the four long years he never returned to Midgard and the only letter Zack received was the 89th. I got excited when I learned that Tseng asked Cissnei to find Zack, so he could give him Aerith's letters. I would like to hear everything Aerith said. But my hopes got shattered when those infantrymen came. Zack's last DMW was a memory of Aerith. Then I began to change my feelings for her.

I still can't accept the fact that Zack died. I fought so hard to defeat Genesis [twice], Angeal, and Sephiroth. I made sure that he has equipped the best materia I made from materia fusions and the best gears. I never let him fight without checking his supplies (potions, soma, ether, remedy). I worked so hard to keep him alive then he'll just die?!

Actually, I blamed Cloud for acting like a weakling. Zack took care of him ever since they got out of Shinra Manor's underground tunnel. He never got well. All he could say was "Ngh" and "Mmh" whenever Zack talked to him. He never recovered. That's why I blame him for Zack's death. If only he could get up and help Zack defeat the battalion of infantrymen.

I hated Tseng. He wanted to capture Zack before. Now he wants to see Zack alive to give him Aerith's letters?! I mean, choose just one side, okay? So I'll know not to trust you.

I also hated Sephiroth. Zack's last mission was with him. They were supposed to work together, and return to Midgard together. But he betrayed Zack. His mission with Sephiroth was his last mission known to Shinra. If Sephiroth never went mad, they could have returned to Midgard and lived happily ever after.

~End of Spoiler~

But the plot won't be as good as it is without these things and these people. It could have been a fairy tale like any other story would end. But it didn't end happily like how Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Rapunzel, or Pride and Prejudice ended. I believe that the best love stories are those with tragic endings. Because these are the stories that will never leave our memory. These are the stories that will touch our hearts so.

Anyway, I pray that posting about this will help me ease my depression, and that it will help me get over with his death. LOL. This is the first game I grew attached to. I got so attached that after realizing that my Zack Fair is gone for good I cried. LOL. I cried, really. I never cry in movies or in books. And it would be really difficult for a person who doesn't know me very very well to make me cry. I can't believe that a video game made me cry.

23 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi There... I too feel attached with Zack Fair... and watching him die in the hands of shinra even made me cry... i was deppressed for almost 5 days... anyways he did die asTRUE SOLDIER.... He became a HERO... a REAL HERO... an unsung one though... but he was great...

His very last moments was his greatest… defending a friend. A friend that would eventually become GAIA’s last hope… CLOUD. Cheer up! Crisis Core is indeed one of those games who had touched my life ^__^

JanisDei
Philippines

May 08, 2008 5:54 PM  
Blogger Alyzza said...

He became a hero. That's right. My depression for only four days, I guess. But whenever I remember the very tragic ending, I feel sad and empty. Hehehe.

BTW, thanks for the comment! ^^

May 08, 2008 7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just finished crisis core..and it made me so so SAD :( when i fought Genesis i thought it would be hard cause its the final stage right but it didn't i guess its because I made Zack to level43 so it wasn't much of a problem beating Genesis..anyway, when I beat him i was like "Thats it?!" when Zack read Aerith's final letter I wasn't really watchin so I wasn't sure whats the 4yrs for so i googled it and found out that he was gone for 4yrs..aaww..stupid Shinra..I really hate Shinra,at the first place Zack and Cloud didn't do anythin to become fugitives..

Anyway I just want you to know that you're not the only who got depressed.. T_T

this game is one of the best and it explains alot on the story of FF7 on why Sephiroth hate Shinra so much and what is Cloud really fighting for..

thanks girl :)

May 10, 2008 4:19 PM  
Blogger Alyzza said...

Wow! You reached level43! Congrats! I was too lazy to work to reach for a higher level. And I got too hooked to the story, so I forgot all about high levels. Hehehe. I finished it on level40.


And yeah, Crisis Core explains a lot.

Go FF7! ^^

May 12, 2008 12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey...i beat the game at level 70 cause i wanted to do all the missions. Anyways i will admit that i did cry for the longest time when Zack died and there is a video that i want to share with you guys its at www.youtube.com then search for Crisis Core: Zack Fair Tribute

"Embrace your dreams, and whatever happens always protect your honor"

May 27, 2008 10:46 AM  
Blogger Alyzza said...

Wow, level70! Hail you! Thanks for the suggestion. I'll be watching the video.

Nice tagline, BTW. ^^

May 27, 2008 12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks i hope you like the video ^^

June 07, 2008 1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

zack died to protect many things...
maybe... cloud was being emo because of people that think it was his fault zack and aerith died.
cloud was searching to be forgiven...

ahem, read here for a nice fan fiction

mergal.deviantart.com

i believe it is all because of that damned hojo and hollander; damn them BOTH
SCIENCE ISN'T MEANT FOR THAT KIND OF THING!
and thats how cloud got incapacitated/mentally insecure/controlled by jenova like a puppet and couldn't defend zack, or aerith

June 09, 2008 9:15 AM  
Blogger Alyzza said...

"zack died to protect many things."
-I agree. He died with honor, too.

"cloud was searching to be forgiven."
-I guess he did well in FF7: Advent Children.

Actually, I also hated Sephiroth for his death. If it wasn't for his madness, maybe he, with Zack and Cloud, could have returned to Shinra safely.

"SCIENCE ISN'T MEANT FOR THAT KIND OF THING!"
- Haha. That's right. They're turning humans into monsters. How bad could that be?!

Anyway, thanks for the comment! And, I'll be reading the fanfic. ^^

June 09, 2008 9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ZACK FAIR....the first class SOLDIER who came from Gongaga was the only child, and loved doing squats DIED.... ALL I COULD SAY IS.... HE IS A TRUE HERO.... he saved a life... " A life giving to others is a life worthwhile".... ILOVEYOUZACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry... cant help it....

July 10, 2008 4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, i felt the same way you did. i went on the internet to make some sense into what i was feeling. a sadness. it's better to know that i am not alone in feeling this way because there are others out there, you, like me.

August 12, 2008 3:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i felled like you guys but it isnt cloud faulth if he cannot fight ,(listen more to the story!)he got an sort of mako infusion and mako stone are used to power up weapons or making machine move think the effec on a human its like if people infuse car gaz in your vein!

August 16, 2008 8:17 AM  
Blogger Alyzza said...

Hi tomi! yes, I know all about him being infected with something that made him weak. I'm sorry. I just got too carried away by my emotions so I blamed Cloud for that. Haha.

Anyway, thanks for the comment! ^^

Thanks for the other's comments too. Sorry, I couldn't reply earlier.

August 16, 2008 5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In Crisis Core, just before Zack leaves Cloud to fight the army of Shinra Soldiers,after Zack turned his back on cloud, Cloud raised his hand and his proberly trying to get Zack to stay but raising his hand was all cloud has strength to do so i gusse Cloud did attempt to try save Zack and stop him from fighting the shinra soldiers

September 01, 2008 6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I could say is... Zack is truly a HERO. The best, I would say. Yup, I really hated the part where Cloud was always dragged around by Zack. But at that time, I thought that Zack was great to have that much patience in protecting and helping Cloud. I never could've imagine Zack liked Aerith at the beginning. But then I seem to think, If a guy doesn't like a girl, whould they spend their time making wagons and selling flowers for the girl? And so, I finally got the answer at the last part (i was touched) when Aerith was the last DMW that disappeared. You know, Zack was different from all the protagonists of the FF Series that I played. I dunno. But there's something about him that makes players drawn to him... I eventually cried a little at the end. It was sad... :(

October 03, 2008 1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to say this but you'll never get over Zack dying. He's just too powerful of a character. I'm about to cry just from reading your blog. It really hurts! I hate/love the creators for developing something that could consume my life so and reek such havoc on my existence at the same time!! I LOVE ZACK FAIR!! Please use a phoenix down and bring him back!!!!! Please!!! (crying again)
~Infatuated

October 04, 2008 2:36 AM  
Blogger Alyzza said...

ZackAerith:

Aerith was the last DMW. The ending is just so tragic.

To all:

Thank you so much for the comments!

October 06, 2008 9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved Zack too he was a true hero but he was supposed to die. No one remembers the original Final Fantasy VII. It was so bad for you seeing Zack die what was worse for me is that i played the entire game knowing he was going to die! You ought to see it from Clouds memories in the original now that was depressing right there

October 06, 2008 10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great blog you got there :)..yeah the ending was so sad..especially because the DMW was malfunctioning and it ended with aerith...gosh..i think we've all grew fond of zack...there goes a great hero..we love you zack <3 zack x aerith~ forever

October 16, 2008 9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard that if you were to actually defeat the entire Shinra batallion at the end of the game, you would see an alternate ending in which Zack doesn't die. I'm not sure of this as I haven't been successful in attempting to defeat the entire army, but that is what I've been told by a reliable source.

October 28, 2008 2:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To respond to your thoughts, Anonymous, that is impossible to see a alternate ending in that game because

1. Zack DESERVES to die, or else the game story is all f***ed up.

2. In FFVII, in Cloud flashbacks, Zack is on the edge of dyin', just like in Crisis Core, when he gives the Buster Sword to him and make him swear to be is living legacy

I really liked Zack too and just think about which lessons of life he teach to us in this game, to always protect your honor and to embrace your dreams. I am myself deeply touched by Zack death, but nothing will bring him back, all we can do is to carry on these lessons he tought to us.

December 28, 2008 1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He did NOT deserve to die! I know that sometimes tragic endings are better left as they are...but that was just too depressing. Isn't there enough depressing stuff in these games?! :(

March 20, 2009 8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, i too felt unbelievable sad aboput Zacks death and even after a week or so i can´t stopp listening to its music. CC is one of the best games i ever played, because it is full of emotions. You really fight and feel for zack who is so brave. i gather all he wanted was freedom and a life in peace. in one scene he says why does everyone keeps pushing things onto him.

In one way he wanted to become a hero, but moreover he wanted to keep his honour and his freedom. I consider his last stand when he faces the 50 or so Shinra Soldiers as one of the best scenes in the game.

The fruitless efforts to keep him alive , and then you find out that he has no chance.

i agree with you, that without Zacks death the game would not have that impact.

CC is like great literature, that deals with the two major things in our lives that are Love and Death.

Zack i miss you

May 15, 2009 3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home