Stories&Photographs

Sunday, June 08, 2008

"It started out as a feeling..."

I watched "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian" with my classmates friends last Thursday.

We entered the cinema 30 minutes earlier. I didn't know about that fact until we were seated and Kuya Jeri said that we were watching the last 30 minutes of the movie. I wasn't carrying anything that could tell me the time and no one stopped me from entering the cinema. If I were only conscious about the time, I should have told them to wait until the movie ends. Anyway, we sort of played a game. We shut our eyes so we won't get spoiled though I think I was the only one who followed the rule.

And because my vision was temporarily disabled, I decided to use my hearing to learn of what happens. Then a soft song played. "It started out as a feeling..." it began. My mind was carried into some place where nothingness is present, where the soft song continued playing. Finally, the credits appeared. No more "closed eyes"! But the song played over and over in my head.

Note: MIGHT contain spoilers.

The movie started as Caspian's professor helped the young prince to escape from the castle because his uncle, Miraz, wants to steal the throne from him. The prince was given a horn which he was told to use only in utmost necessity. Some time later, the horn was blown. And so it began.

This movie is a must-see. I loved the soundtrack. I loved the animation. I loved the plot [though I don't remember reading anything between Prince Caspian and Susan]. I loved how well the battles were directed. I haven't seen an ancient battle that made me so hooked like this, lately.

The movie made me appreciate the book. I didn't enjoy reading Prince Caspian as much as I did with The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, The Silver Chair, and The Last Battle. I have read this when I was in elementary and I have forgotten much of it already, so, I'm planning to reread The Chronicles of Narnia, but this time, I'm starting backwards. Hehehe.

The movie also made me love King Peter even more! I was thinking that I might pick Caspian over Peter, but the movie proved me wrong. My love meter for Caspian went down during their infiltration in the Telmarine Kingdom. But it went up during his appearance in "Susan's Telmarine encounter".

But my meter for Peter was waaaay up. This was because of his one-on-one fight with King Miraz. And because he is King Peter, the Magnificent and because he is the High King.

I felt so sad about the ending [along with the sad song I mentioned earlier]. Watch it and you'll know why.

BTW, I give this film five stars!

P.S. I'm practicing writing a nice [and effective] movie review and I tried very hard not to spoil the readers. Anyway, a lot of movies are still out there that can help me develop my "movie review writing".

Contains spoilers:

I just remembered, the horn given to Caspian was Susan's originally. It's cute thinking that when the horn was blown, a call [or something like that] was made so that he could get aid from the Narnians and the kings and queens of Narnia. And it seems like he called Susan. Hehehe. That's sweet. LOL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home