Stories&Photographs

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Fruits Basket (and Kyo)

Lately I've been killing time by watching and reading Japanese products. Hehehe. It's the best thing I can think of to wait until summer lasts.

I finished watching the anime + reading the manga in five days!

Anime vs. Manga

I liked the anime though reading the manga is better because it has more to it than the anime. A lot, lot more to it. I really miss the cool way Yuki calls Tohru Miss Honda in the anime. His voice makes me faint. LOL. And Kyo's voice too. I was also getting too emotional lately that I cried when Tohru talks to Kyo [in his monster form] both in the anime and in the manga. But the anime was better [in this part] because it has sounds and I watched it at around 2am which is a very, very quiet time in our house. Actually, the reason I watched this because I wanted to see something light. I just finished watching Death Note and I wanted to escape all its seriousness, murdering, mysteries, drama and etc. It sort of...haunts me. So I ended up watching Fruits Basket [thinking that it was very light] which made me cry instead.

Yuki, Kyo, and Tohru

The only thing I like about Yuki is his voice so, the only time I liked Yuki was in the anime. Hehehe. Tohru...um, well..no comment. I vote for her as Kyo's love interest, though. Next comes, KYO! I love Kyo. I love him in both the manga and the anime. I liked it when he called Yuki "girly boy". Not that I have anything against Yuki, but it's just so funny. LOL. I loved this part, too...

Kyo: You don't add the -san at the end. Just call me Kyo.
Tohru: Kyo-kun?
Kyo: I said that it's okay.
Tohru: I was just test-saying it.
Kyo: DON'T CALL ME FOR NO REASON!!!
Tohru: Ah..yes.
Kyo: No, it's all right. You can say my name for no reason. Hanging around me is okay, too. If you're mad, you can just like that. Hit me hard.

Hehehe. I like it when he tries to control his temper.


Haru and Rin

I love Haru too. He has cool hair, and cool clothes, and cool attitude, and cool everything. And he takes care of Kisa. It's just so sweet seeing him hugging Kisa. Because of that, I vote the gorgeous Rin for him.

Kisa and Hiro

I love these two. They are sooo cute. Hiro looks just like a young Kyo. And Kisa is a tiger! I love tigers. Actually, I love the felines.

Hiro: Why did you bring us to such an ordinary place? Don't you have ideas like going to a movie, theme parks, or swimming pools inputted in your head?
Tohru: But I'm broke right now.
Kisa: I like parks.
Hiro (to Tohru): You're forgiven.

Hiro hates Tohru because he believes that she steals Kisa's attention from him, so when they received an invitation to the Sohma's villa from Momiji [which means that Tohru is there too]...
Hiro:They might even be smart if they put the minimal amount of effort of what they're doing right now into their intelligence...
Kisa: Hiro...I want to go.
Hiro: Let's go then.

See? That's why I love Hiro. Those two examples are called "sacrifices". LOL.

Ayame, Hatori, and Shigure

I like Shigure's humor. And Ayame's too. And the fact that Shigure is called a "dirty old man" by Yuki and Kyo. LOL. I also like the way Ayame speaks [both in the anime and manga]. And the way he wants to erase the gap between him and Yuki. And the Shigure-Ayame thingy. Hehehe. Hatori...well, he looks scary sometimes. But he's okay.

Momiji and Kagura

It's so sad that these two never met a someone to love. But I feel sad for Momiji the most. I loved the part where he told Kyo, "Soon I'm going to be taller than you Kyo and maybe even cooler. And if that happens, maybe Tohru would accept my proposal. If you give up, then things like that could happen. So, you shouldn't give up." Momiji was cool when he grew older. As for Kagura, it's sad that she just took Kyo as someone to look down on, so that she'd think that there is someone worse than her.

Uo and Kureno and Hana and Shishou

It's great that someone like Uo has found a someone to love. Hehehe. Though the Hana-Shishou thing is sort of weird.

Akito

Akito was evil. I hated him for hurting Hatori, Rin, and Kisa. Wah, my Kisa! Though I feel really sorry for him for being raised as a male. (Wait, I used "him" to refer to her. Akito is a female, BTW.) I also remember crying when she talked to Tohru and hit her [which is seen in one of the last few episodes of the anime]. Why is it that I become so emotional lately?!?! First, Zack's death. Then, twice here. Wah! What is happening to me?!?! Anyway, I loved how Akito's story ended, living with Shigure.

Just so you know, I am currently in love with Kyo. Why do I have this thing for people who have Kyo in their names? Kyouhei and Kyo. LOL. Wait, I love Zack. I loved him more than anyone else except Mr. Darcy, I guess. I love people who have K in their names! Mr. Darcy is an exception, though. I met him a long, long time ago.

Again, I love Kyo. He has a bad temper but that's what makes him sooo cute. He looks cute when he manages to control his temper for Tohru. Another exchange of lines I liked:

Kyo: Is there somewhere you want to go?
Tohru: Um..
Kyo: If you can't decide, I'm gonna sleep.
Tohru: I'll decide! I'll decide, right now! We ran out of eggs. I need to go buy some.
Kyo: That's just grocery shopping. Well, all right. Let's go then.
Tohru: Yes.
Kyo: If you think of some place you want to go to while we're out, say so, okay?
Tohru: Being able to go out together makes me very happy.
Kyo(to himself): (punches the wall) She looked so cute saying that. I feel perverted for thinking that! Is this how dirty old men think? Am I turning into a perverted old man?
Kyo (to Tohru): LET'S JUST GO!

This post is getting long. Hehehe. What can you expect? It has 136 chapters. Anyway, forgive me but I want to add just a little more.

Here are a few things I learned.

If there exists someone who would hurt you, there exists someone who would heal the wounds.

To truly love someone is to always put their feelings before your own, no matter what.
--This is common sense but the way Megumi says it was cool.

It is not a compliment for a man to be called cute.
--Hehehe.

It's when someone says "I like you" first, only then when one begins to think about liking oneself. When someone accepts you first, only then when you can forgive yourself little by little, to start feeling love.
--Kisa was bullied at school so she refused to speak. This reminds me of my sister. She started talking at school only when she transferred schools, which was during her 4th grade. She never spoke in her former school from kindergarten until third grade.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved Fruits Basket. It's my favorite manga. It made me cry so much at the end. T__T (I was absent that day, so I read the whole manga and my sinat got worse because of all the crying.)

I liked Kyo, too, A LOT. And I think he deserved Tohru more than anyone else. Those who are loved the least are those who need love the most. The ending was sad, the way the epilogue was written (with the picture OMFGBBQ I was crying buckets!).

But in the end, the character I felt sad about was Momiji. His mature character is my favorite character in FuruBa (yes, more than Kyo). He sacrificed a lot (He was the second one to be lifted, if I remember it correctly - anyway, he was one of the first) and he wanted to 'break away' from Akito. It was a big step and I think he did it to 'grow up' because he realized that he loved Tohru as a woman.

So yeah, aside from TohruxKyo, I love MomijixTohru a lot. Also a bit of HatoriTohru (though I'm happy that Hatori got over Kana. True love can't really last if only one person tries to save it.)

*sigh* The part when they were about to leave the house (with Yuki thanking Tohru and everything) was just the saddest ever. I don't know. I cried a lot.

Also on the part when Kyo and Tohru hugged and Kyo realized that the curse was lifted! For Yuki, it was when he was deciding to tell his girlfriend the truth. The way the Juunishi cried when their curses were lifted was just so beautiful!

Wahhhh....

The link behind on my is a post reply (or something close XD it's for FB too) XD

April 24, 2008 6:40 PM  
Blogger Alyzza said...

"And I think he deserved Tohru more than anyone else." -I think so, too. I really cried when they were in the forest--Kyo in his monster form.

I also feel bad for Momiji. About her sister, Momo. T.T Though I really liked the part where he tells Akito about his curse being lifted.

I felt sad on the part where they were about to leave too. Why do they need to go? Now that the curse has been lifted?

I also loved the part where Kyo showed Shishou his "bracelet-less" wrist. He looked truly happy. Hehehe.

April 24, 2008 8:29 PM  
Blogger Kriselle said...

I also feel bad for Momiji. About her sister, Momo. T.T Though I really liked the part where he tells Akito about his curse being lifted.


WAHH!! You're right! AND I'M SORRY FOR THAT LONG COMMENT!! *embarrasing* It looked like a blog post!! >>

I also loved the part where Kyo showed Shishou his "bracelet-less" wrist. He looked truly happy. Hehehe.

Yes!! He was really happy :) Good for Kyo! After everything he went through (especially with his nutcase dad), he deserves it.

April 25, 2008 4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home