Stories&Photographs

Saturday, December 01, 2007

MSHS Rondalla in Victory Christian Fellowship

I didn't want to go to Victory Christian Fellowship honestly but Miguel and Eunice made me do it. I feel too tired to practice, my instrument needs new strings [and I don't have any in stock], and I need to make my character an assassin.

Eunice attended the afternoon session of the MTAP which means I'm stuck with Miguel. I asked him if he could go with me to the mall to buy strings because I need them badly. Knowing that he's too lazy to do such favors, I just blabbed about how much I need to go to the mall without hoping he'd come. Surprisingly, he agreed. I couldn't believe it at first because he is sooo lazy. So I promised not to make fun of him, tease him, contradict him, and the like for the whole day [which I found hard].

We went first to Liana's where we bought the strings. Then to South Station so we could use the overpass because we wanted to ride from Festival Mall. He wanted to go to Susana Heights to avoid heavy traffic. He falls asleep during those times which embarrasses him. The people stares at him when he sleeps. And when I laugh, they laugh too.
Wahaha. And I promised not to laugh at him.

Aside from being kind to him, I also bought him a 20php worth of RO load which means so much to him. Wahaha. On the way to the escalator, he spotted Mark, our classmate, playing Percussion Master in X-Site. This sort of tempted him to play too so he played with him until someone texted him and told us to return to school fast.

We left for Festival Mall right after reaching the school. We should have just stayed in the mall. Anyway, we successfully transported our instruments and the enormous double bass to the mall's fourth level. Thanks to Miguel who helped me change my instrument's strings and to Pat and Eunice who helped me tune it. I was panicking that time because we were next to perform. We performed "Bakas ng Kahapon", "Raindrops", and "Canon in D" good. And it was fun. After that, the VCF Staff treated us to dinner in Jollibee. The dinner was also fun.

The best part of the night was thinking of a way to take the enormous double bass back to school. After hearing tons of suggestions and making lots of phone calls, we finally found a way to return the bass. We hurried to the freight elevator to get down right away. And because Eunice and I were a great help to him [We helped him carry his enormous instrument], he finally agreed to ride the Crawling Animals with us! We have been begging him to ride the Crawling Animals since man. We used to plead and beg like kids. When we reached the wide space where the Crawling Animals stay, the man in-charge told us that they have closed and will no longer allow excited kids to ride the animals. We were sooo disappointed. After hours of begging, this is what we get? Anyway, we decided to ride them next time.

This was such a fun day. I'll post more sensible stuff next time. I just feel the need of updating my blog so I posted the things that kept me busy during the weekend.

4 Comments:

Blogger Laura Friend said...

Hi, I'm in a Rondalla at Cornell University. We were hoping to learn Canon in D for an upcoming performance, do you have music for Rondalla? Thanks!!

December 07, 2007 10:11 AM  
Blogger Alyzza said...

You mean a full score of Canon in D? Yeah, we have that. We only have a few music scores, though.

December 07, 2007 6:15 PM  
Blogger Laura Friend said...

Do you think there would be anyway to get a copy of the score? Like could you e-mail it to me somehow or something/do you know where you got yours? That would be SO awesome..please let me know..
THANKS SO MUCH!
Laura

December 09, 2007 3:55 AM  
Blogger Alyzza said...

Unfortunately, I have no idea where we got our score and we don't have a scanner to scan the score. BUT you can check out this site:http://hsudarren.wordpress.com/music-scores/ .

If you don't find a music score of Canon in D in there, you can request from the dr. to post a copy. I hope that helps.

December 09, 2007 8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home