Stories&Photographs

Friday, November 30, 2007

III-Feynman's Speech Choir

After weeks of endless, exhausting, life-sucking rehearsals, we finally received our reward. The much-awaited Dramatic Speech Choir Competition was held last Thursday. We were asked to perform the dry run first during the afternoon which we effortlessly did. I only giggled during that time.

This is us, waiting for our turn to do they dry run. The Seven Deadly Sins (L-R: Dela, Miguel, Effie, me, Eunice, Chester, and Billy) plus Caluya (the most tortured slave) are in the third row. The rest are slaves.


I enjoyed the part where we changed into our costumes. I was really excited to wear it and show it to my other classmates [who acted as slaves] since they have never seen it before. It was supposed to be a surprise. They said that we looked really cute in it. Next comes the hairdo. I probably have mentioned before that I don't know how to tie my hair. Anyway, I asked Leizle to tie it which she did perfectly. Thanks, Leizle. Lastly, the makeup. I obviously don't know how to put on makeup. We asked Ate Maggi from our canteen to put on our makeup which she did very well. It was so fun. Dela and I helped Miguel to think of a hairdo because he didn't know what to do with his hair. His hair looks like Joseph Fiennes' hair in "Luther". His costume also made him look like a monk which adds to his resemblance to Fiennes. It was fun spraying hair spray on Miguel's head while Dela made fun with his hair. The slaves also had so much fun dressing up. Actually, I left our room because there were red stuff (supposed to be blood) on the floor. I was afraid I might get dirty. Wahaha.

The slaves



We headed to the sports complex right away. It was where the competition was held. It was supposed to start at 6pm but some of the judges arrived an hour late. After 14 performances, we finally showed our own. I had fun acting as Pride, I did my very best to look evil [which wasn't so hard, haha]. The physical pain we gave to the slaves were real and the physical pain they returned to us were also real. I was surprised at how my classmates pulled and pushed me. They never acted that violent during our rehearsals. Monique also acted so violently. She choked me to death with a heavy chain which made me utter a real cry for help. Anyway, the real pain they gave helped us to act less since we don't have to look like hurt because we were really hurt.

After five more performances, the winners were finally announced. The winners of the essay competition and etc. were announced first. Finally, the winner for the freshmen was announced, then the winner for the sophomores. My hands were so cold while I waited for the winner for the juniors to be announced. I was hugging Effie who felt sick that time. Then Sir Dex said "Three F--". To myself I said, Three? Three what? Say it now, please! I was so nervous that time and was half-expecting to hear "III-Fahrenheit" because they have an awesome hum. Then things happened so fast, I was so happy to hear "III-Feynman". We jumped and we laughed and we yelled and did all the things a happy person does. This was the best victory [for me] ever because, well, the next paragraph explains it.

I can't explain how happy I am that night. I was so happy I could die. We wanted to win so bad because of someone's evil goal. I can't allow them to win because of that thing. I'm sure I won't bear to watch them. I was really hurt because of that goal. Honestly, I don't want them to go home happy. I know this sounds evil but their goal is more evil. There are many things I want to say but I must not say it because this can be viewed publicly. Anyway, hahaha. I must also say that Fahrenheit's performance was good because of their hum. Honestly,I liked their hum but--wait, I should not critique their work because well, they are our eternal rival [because they always give us a good fight], hehehe, so forget about that. We also won the Best Costume Award. Yey!

We ate Jjamppong [pronounced zham-fong] to celebrate our victory. It's a chili seafood and vegetable instant noodle soup.I was excited to taste it because it sounds yummy. Everyone's blabbing about it's goodness since morning so I thought I should give it a try. And it tasted okay.

**Pictures from Patrice Pascual.
**I'll try to add pictures later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home