Stories&Photographs

Saturday, September 29, 2007

School

1. Literature is the only thing I enjoy in our Filipino class. I don't mean that I like each piece of literature we study; what I mean is, it's the only enjoyable activity for me. I don't really love reading those pieces but, on the bright side, there's a plot in it. A story, that has characters, a setting, a conflict, a resolution, and a denouement, that will make my imagination flow.

Enjoying one of my most-loathed classes sounds ironic, and blogging about a most-loathed class would make my post unfriendly
because it would certainly contain words like: loathe, hate, disgust, despise, abhor and other repulsive words. But this part of my postabout my most-loathed class won't contain words like that.

As our teacher talks about "Kahapon, Ngayon at Bukas" by Aurelio Tolentino, I was busy flipping through the pages of my KAPFIL (Kalipunan ng mga Akdang Pamanitikan sa Filipino). Then, I started reading Efren Reyes Abueg's "Sa Bagong Paraiso" to save myself from the somniferous discussion.

And I loved its plot. It's the best piece of Filipino Literature I read since June. I also loved how its ending was narrated. It seems so
―dramatic.

2.
I've been busy practicing for the upcoming regional competition on Saturday. I'm exhausted, stressed, and confused. I always come home late. My fingertips are still sore. We're very anxious. We can't get the piece from Repertoire B perfect, our costumes haven't come yet and our double bass, sort of, went through an accident. Our conductress is the most anxious. I pity her
she looks so stressed.

3. Mid-year exams are coming
and I haven't studied yet. I'm busy memorizing the contest pieces. We also have our periodical tests coming next week, which means projects' due dates are approaching. We're going to do some cramming again.

4. I was extremely pressured last week. Do you know what it feels like waking up one morning thinking about: your unfinished very long homeworks in Filipino, and Chemistry, and a quiz in Trigonometry and a summative test in World History you haven't prepared for. That was a time I wanted to be suddenly ill
to save me from those things. I was praying to have time stopped and never let the day continue, or make time skip those parts of the day. All I wanted was to be back home, and forget all about Trigonometry or those weird names from Asian History.

But I can't get ill all of a sudden, or stop the time, or make time skip those parts of the day, nor teleport to our house and rest. I have to face the reality. Soon, Eunice was hugging me, and telling me to start studying because though we claim to be goddesses, we can't do anything about the tests.


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeee. you love filipino. and maybe you also love our teacher.

**cherps**

October 10, 2007 9:12 PM  
Blogger Kriselle said...

1. While we were reading about 'Walang Panginoon', I wasn't actually understanding and I was also reading 'Ang Bagong Paraiso'. I was having my own little world and I was kilig when the little girl was listening to the little boy's heart. (LOL I made it sound so corny) But yeah, that story rocks. And you're right! Some of our Fil.lit pieces are quite good! Gng even seems excited to teach us about Bagong Paraiso.

2. Rondalla members rock. XD You work too hard.

3. I think the mid years went well. (Though I don't think I did too well ;^_^)

4. I understand how you feel. I took the summative with only a few knowledge. MAH. =_=

October 11, 2007 10:31 PM  
Blogger Alyzza said...

kriselle!!

1. i felt the same way too. i was so kilig when the girl was listening to the boy's heart. that was the one i kept telling effie because i love that part. i was imagining each scene that took place in the story and that's what made me appreciate Aurelio Tolentino's work--in my mind, the heartbeat-listening was i guess, either in the beach or in the meadows.

2. thanks!! wish us luck for tomorrow's competition!

3. i know i did not do well in the mid-year exams. i was too lazy to study.

4. i hate that summative test. i didn't know who satira is. i thought that alexander had only one wife.

October 12, 2007 7:20 PM  
Blogger Kriselle said...

LOL yeah, and i was wondering how he got so many wives when he's really bi. ^_^ *did i sound rude back there? XD*

October 16, 2007 1:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home