Stories&Photographs

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Music of the Dawn

My sister works the night shift. And her weekends are two weekdays I can't remember.

I woke up one [very early] morning because of a very loud song coming from the living room. I was not surprised to know that my sister was responsible for the disturbance. We kindly asked her to decrease the volume which she halfheartedly obeyed.

I woke up one very early morning, again, because of my sister. We, again, kindly asked her to decrease the volume. But she didn't listen this time. Doesn't she know that I only get an average of 6 hours of sleep every week? She reasoned that it's already time to wake up and get ready for school. It's only 5:00! We live not far from school so I'm supposed to wake up an hour earlier. Thank goodness I grew fond of the song she's playing. I don't know what I might do to her if she had a bad taste for songs. Actually, I loved only one song from her list. See, I had already memorized her playlist! We've been suffering for two nights now.

Last night, I finally got the chance to ask her the title of the cute song that plays over and over again in my head. I memorized a line from it during those times she's punishing us. "A song played on a solo saxophone". She gladly replied, "'The Last Night of the World'" from 'Miss Saigon'". The only answer I managed to blurt out was "oh" since I was too tired and sleepy to think of a more meaningful answer.

I looked for it in YouTube this morning. I listened to it over and over again which proves that I loooove it. My other sister told me the plot of "Miss Saigon" and made me listen to "Sun and Moon", another song from the musical. Unfortunately, I was hurrying to leave because I have to perform extractions for our science investigatory project.

Anyway, here's the song that left me an LSS.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wala lang...

well, don't forget that at this same day, you went to my home-town-province-whatever.

waha.

miss saigon- elementary.

but sure and definitely feels good.

September 17, 2007 4:31 PM  
Blogger Austin Pinoy said...

grrr ang disrespectful naman ng ate mo, let me guess, si isprikitek ba ito? gusto mo bilihan ko sya ng headphones para nde bastos? hehe. Super importante tulog, ngayong matanda na ako saka ko lang narerealize. If i slept more when i was younger maybe tumangkad pa ako or maybe i didnt get as much pimples, or whatever... you need to get enough sleep!

September 22, 2007 9:57 AM  
Blogger Alyzza said...

tama!! si ate tek yun. haha. pero hindi na niya ginagawa yun ngayon.

September 23, 2007 8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home