Stories&Photographs

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Peeling Fingertips

We passed the audition for the National Music Competition for Young Artists (NAMCYA). From my research, I learned that upon passing the screening, we must practice one piece from each of the two repertoires. The two will be the contest pieces for the Regional Center Competition on October 13-14, I think, because that's what the handbook said. If we win, we can join the National Competition on November 20-25. November 23 is the specified date for the rondalla. 7pm in CCP Main Theater. Haha. I've been doing a lot of research.

We finished the first piece
for the regional competitionlast night. After a whole week of practicing, we finally learned "Bakas ng Kahapon" from repertoire A. It wasn't really that hard to play if you do it alone. The difficult part is getting a member's part in harmony with the other members' parts.

Our next piece is, I think, "Maynila Obertura". I haven't seen the piece yet but they say that it's longer than the first one. I always get home late due to late-night practices and I only get a maximum of 6 hours of sleep everyday. My fingers are beginning to peel and feel sore and skipping my meals became my habit. I can't have breakfast because I wake up so late and I sometimes feel too sleepy and tired to have dinner.

But practicing is fun anyway. It, sort of, became a part of my daily life.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just wish the best of luck... especially you...

waha... if you and your group made an achievement, that is a present itself (by the way... belated, happy birthday!).

keep on peeling those fingertips until it bleeds to nothing. evil. haha.

September 08, 2007 10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! :)

September 14, 2007 7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks, anonymous!!

September 15, 2007 1:47 PM  
Blogger Pagaspas!!! said...

Anu bang masasabi ko? Kawawa ka naman.. hahaha.. sige, pag nanalo naman kayo, sobrang laking bakay ng NAMCYA at baka next year, kung papalarin, nasa abroad na kayo..

September 25, 2007 10:14 PM  
Blogger Pagaspas!!! said...

ueAnu bang masasabi ko? Kawawa ka naman.. hahaha.. sige, pag nanalo naman kayo, sobrang laking bakay ng NAMCYA at baka next year, kung papalarin, nasa abroad na kayo..

September 25, 2007 10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home