Stories&Photographs

Sunday, August 19, 2007

An Eternity with Her

I hate this class. Honestly, I never find it interesting. I loathe thinking that I would be spending 60 minutes sitting and trying hard not to fall asleep. Her class seems like an eternity.

I liked only one Filipino teacher, his class was the only Filipino class I enjoyed. I didn’t only enjoy his stories, I also enjoyed listening to his lessons and working on the tasks he gives us. I have to admit that I enjoyed the jobs, writing and critical thinking on “Florante at Laura” and other short stories authored by Filipinos. I love our previous Filipino teacher. Too bad he doesn’t teach us anymore.

Our current Filipino teacher is boring. I remember how our previous Filipino teacher admires our current Filipino teacher. He said that she gives more difficult tasks and that we would use a lot of critical thinking. He’s right, though. She gives us complicated jobs that include very critical thinking. She even gives us quizzes we haven’t even had notes yet! I don’t understand why he honors her so much. Sometimes I think he considers her a goddess. Like she knows everything and she teaches very well. But, no. I would rather have him as our teacher. He teaches better. He corrects our wrongs better. He is better.

She taught us everything about poems, essays, plays, short stories and novels. I understood the lessons anyway. Actually, I had already applied what I learned! I had made a poem and a short story. I took a break on writing my novel and I am currently working on a play. Haha. I’m a writer now! The thing is, my works are in English. I really find it hard to express in Filipino and I don’t have a wide range of vocabulary in it. Anyway, I still applied her teachings, right?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are the titles of your masterpieces?

Gusto kong malaman...

Pinakialaman mo naman mga gawa ko eh...

Nae-excite ako...

August 20, 2007 6:10 PM  
Blogger Kriselle said...

I agree. I was never good in Filipino. Ever. I never had an interest in it, and while this may contrast your views, I didn't enjoy even our second year (sorry, I really didn't). I just don't like the subject. =_= Mou. But you were right. At least during second year, it WAS interesting. Unlike now. I think Filipino is more boring than ever. I'm not inspired, I'm not enthusiastic: NOTHING COMES. I hope it becomes better. (I'm mean.)

August 20, 2007 10:34 PM  
Blogger Alyzza said...

caluya: untitled masterpieces. i find it hard to come up with catchy titles.

kriselle: i was never good in it too. i do hope it would become better when we get to Noli.

August 21, 2007 9:23 PM  
Blogger Ü.i.am.marie.antoinette.Ü said...

tama..pag filipino prang tumitigil ang oras eh..as in sobrang BOOooOoOoOring!! ..mas magaling p c sir marcy eh!! hahahaha..ge bgay k rin comment s blog q..Ü

August 27, 2007 11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm. im actually a senior, so regards to that post of yours..

i (or we, the batch 08) share the same thoughts of yours too, but later on we realized that she's actually fun :D.

although the are times when she used to talk only to herself,later on you would really appreciate being in her class.

p.s.: madali lang siyang picturan especially if you're using a white phone :P

September 29, 2007 3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha. 'bout sa earlier comment ko, sorry for grammatical errors. XD im completely cranky right now because i only had 2 hours of sleep. >_<

September 29, 2007 4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home