Stories&Photographs

Friday, May 25, 2007

Busy Week

I used to whine about boredom for the past few weeks but my whining stopped when last week had just started.

Our maid left and we can't find someone to replace her. So everybody has to do their part on the chores (except for Ate Tek who comes home in the morning, sleeps the whole day, wakes at night, eats then leaves for work). But she tries to help once in a while.

My mom was sent to the hospital to have her take radioactive iodine to treat her goiter. She stayed there for four days.

Since she's away, I have to take responsibilities, a lot of them. And those were not that easy to accomplish. Last Monday I paid for my sister's P.E. uniform. There were a lot of parents there who paid and took their children's uniforms. So there was a long line and I went on the end. Some people were pushing and cutting the line. Those people disgusted me very much so I decided to just get Inna's uniform the next day.

I was about to give up my responsibility on the first day but I know I can't. Who would take Inna to her school? Then I decided to start again and forget all the things I messed up.

I was so responsible! I take Inna to the school in the morning and get there just in time to pick her up. At home, I prepare our lunch, feed the dogs, clean the house and sometimes even do the laundry. Yay! But I won't be able to do all that without the help of my little sister. At night I'd do the same thing. I prepare our dinner and feed the dogs. Then Ate Angge would come from work and wash the dishes.

About the food, I can't cook. My mom cooked food for us before she left. Then we would have to heat the food in the microwave. You might be wondering where our eldest sister had gone. Well, she was just in the house, particularly in my room, sleeping. She sleeps the whole day! She wakes at night and leaves for work then sleeps again when she comes back. But she did help us in her own little ways. She swept our yard [once] and leaves early, so we could lock the doors early.

We used to fight with Ate Tek very early in the morning [because she wakes us and tells us to clean the house]. We're supposed to clean it when we're back from Inna's school! Why didn't she clean the house instead? Ate Angge used to scold her during the eve when she's back from work. She tells Ate Tek to help us in little ways like washing her plates.
Despite our [daily] bickering, we miraculously worked harmoniously and survived the week.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kriselle said...

Wow~! You were awesome, big sister-sama! (That honorific means 'master'. lol) That would be hard! *hands over gold medal* You deserve it! Yatta~

May 30, 2007 10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home