Stories&Photographs

Friday, April 13, 2007

Mr. Darcy, Mr. Darcy

I watched "Pride and Prejudice" on HBO last Sunday with my sisters.

Last year, when it was showing on theaters, my friend and I planned to watch it on the big screen. Unfortunately, she got sick so it was canceled.

Anyway, the movie was so good. And very romantic.*starry eyes*. The movie left me a great impact. Now I'm stuck with Mr. Darcy (Matthew Macfadyen) in my dreams. He's Keira Knightley's leading man. Mr. Darcy was really snobbish in the first part which made me so mad. Sparknotes describe him as intelligent and forthright, has a tendency to judge too hastily and harshly, and his high birth and wealth make him overly proud and overly conscious of his social status. Grr. It makes him so unlike Mr. Bingley. He's friendly and warm. But I think silent but powerful people are better.Hehe.

I'm planning to buy the book sometime. It's more romantic if you're reading it right? Besides, I find British accent difficult to understand.

4 Comments:

Blogger joanne said...

haha!! go!! aqu inlab kay papa shane west eh!! weee!! :)

April 14, 2007 10:20 PM  
Blogger Kriselle said...

gusto ko din yung movie nun...

ewan ko kung okay lang mag-recommend pero gagawin ko na rin:

Pride, Predujice and Jasmin Field.

:) wala lang. sa susunod na post!

April 16, 2007 2:12 PM  
Blogger Alyzza said...

helena: nice. kala ko naman kung sinong helena.

kriselle: sinearch ko yung Pride, Prejudice and Jasmin Field.ang cute.21st century version ng pride and prejudice ni jane austen.

April 16, 2007 3:53 PM  
Blogger louzeth said...

ahaha.. cnuh c helena?? yai!! ak0 ung tinutuk0y m0ng kbgan.. ;) wahahaha!!! naalala mpa pla yang movie n yan.. dami dn ntn npno0d n m0vie nun first yir!!;) miss th0se times!!!

April 17, 2007 1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home