Stories&Photographs

Friday, June 29, 2007

Our Aplaya

I love Fridays because the next day is Saturday, because it's the last day of school for the week, because we are dismissed an hour earlier and a lot, lot more.

I celebrated my Friday a bit different from my usual Fridays. I went to the aplaya with Joyce first. When she was about to leave, I met my classmates, my former classmate and my schoolmates. The experience was so exciting. See, the aplaya is our hang-out. It is where we can express our emotions, shout our feelings, laugh out loud and sing at the top of our lungs.

Our aplaya changed, a lot. There were no more metal poles that we could throw pebbles at but there were crowds of people, people on
bicycles, vendors and kids that play tag. I never understood why people disliked urbanizing rural areas. For me, urbanization is an
indication of progress. That was what I thought. It does hurt seeing your usual, windy, grassy and tranquil hang-out turned into a construction site then into a sports complex with people on bikes, vendors in stalls and strangers strolling by the bay. Not that I don't want to share our aplaya but I hate to see it like the Luneta, very crowded and known.

Our aplaya used to be grassy and pebbly. I always found difficulty walking in there because of the stones. Dust never forgot to get in my eyes when I go there. And when you stay there until dark, the moon will be the only thing to illuminate your path.

It is sad to see things like that happen. But there is no way for changes to stop happening.

Because "The only thing constant in life is change"-
François de la Rochefoucauld.

"
See the blue stuff by the horizon? That's Laguna bay."-Joyce

6 Comments:

Blogger Austin Pinoy said...

how about some pics of the place..

June 30, 2007 9:04 AM  
Blogger Alyzza said...

ayan. may pics na!!

June 30, 2007 11:55 AM  
Blogger Kriselle said...

Wow, one of the most beautiful posts I've read.

It's been a while since I've been there, though. This time, I'd like to stay home more, I think. I miss the aplaya, too. I remember how hard the wind blows and how beautiful the stars look.

Unlike you, though. I want the aplaya to be as peaceful as possible, without too much people. Because too much people can mean garbage.

:D

June 30, 2007 5:25 PM  
Blogger Alyzza said...

haha. i want our original aplaya back.

June 30, 2007 7:22 PM  
Blogger Kriselle said...

alyzza.. i just want to ask..

Catch a Falling STar... what's it about?

July 01, 2007 10:04 AM  
Blogger Alyzza said...

mejo nakalimutan ko na ung plot. basta may bata dun. maganda.

local literature sya by Cristina Pantoja-Hidalgo.

July 01, 2007 12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home