Stories&Photographs

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Ilocos Trip

Finally, something to make me forget the reality and unwind.



It was a long trip and aside from eating and sleeping, I was also listening to "Whistle for the Choir" over and over again and taking pictures.

Vigan:

1. Our trip to Syquia Mansion was the best! Not only because of its beauty but also because of the very good tourist guide. This mansion was once a residence of Elpidio Quirino. It was called Syquia Mansion because its original owners were the Syquias, Quirino's wife. I also played "Moon River" on the Syquia's antique piano.


2. We visited Floro Crisologo's house afterwards. He's a congressman who authored the Social Security System law and was assassinated
inside the St. Paul Cathedral on October 18, 1970. Sadly, I didn't get any good picture because I needed to recharge the camera's batteries.


3. We also visited Chavit Singson's Baluarte where horses, ostriches, and geese ran free. I love the horses. I wish I could own one for a pet.
Laoag:

1. On our way to Pagudpud, we stopped to see the Church of Laoag and 2. Ferdinand Marcos' house[s]. Unfortunately, we didn't get a chance to see his house but we entered a mini museum, where I took their wedding picture together. We also visited him in his mausoleum.

I felt the cold breeze as we entered the mausoleum [because it was airconditioned]. An eerie music also plays inside. I can't remember how it goes. I don't want to remember how it goes. The mausoleum was so creepy. I hesitated to enter the mausoleum first because of the eerie music. When I finally agreed, I admired his fine and detailed waxed corpse. It was creepy but at the same time beautiful.

And because it was creeping me out, I made up my mind to leave if the caretaker will volunteer to tour us around the coffin--when I say around, I mean stare and walk around him. Fortunately, he didn't do it.

Cameras were not allowed inside the mausoleum. But even if it is allowed, I won't dare to publish a photo of his waxed corpse. I won't even dare press the button of the camera.

This is one of the creepiest moments of my life. I can't imagine being trapped inside the mausoleum.

Pagudpud:















(Above)This is the view of the beach from our breakfast table. Waiting for our breakfast to be served was not so boring because of this.

(Right)After some time, Inna finally agreed to take a picture of me walking by the shore.

Laoag [again]:
On our way to Baguio, we stopped to see the
MalacaƱang of the North.

(L-R) One of the many living/receiving rooms in the palace; ballroom; I can't remember where I got this window. I've been addicted to capiz windows since man; one of the many living/receiving rooms in the palace with a painting of the Paoay Church; Irene and Imee's beds; dining room in the second story; a view of the Paoay Lake from the yard; the view of the palace from the yard; me overlooking Paoay Lake in the yard.

After the tour here, we decided to drive to Baguio and spend the night there. But we ended up in Vigan because it was too late to continue driving to Baguio. Aw. I want that strawberry jam.

Well, I'm back home and time goes back to normal. It's time, again, to face the reality. And school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home