Stories&Photographs

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Mr. Darcy

I haven't blogged about Mr. Darcy, my first love, for a long time. And I guess this will be the last time I'd blog about him. TT.TT

I read Alexandra Potter's "Me and Mr. Darcy" last week. It was a great read and it sort of made me face the reality. Mr. Darcy is not real. He is just a fictitious character from one of my favorite classics. Mr. Darcy can never be real. Can you imagine a man that perfect?

Just like the main character, Emily Albright, I realized that:

I'm not in love with Mr. Darcy. Not even remotely. And you know what? I never was. I was in love with the idea of him and what he represented, but not the reality. But that doesn't mean I'm not attracted to him, who wouldn't be?

I also remembered some of the parts where Emily and Mr. Darcy meet. The first meetings were fun and happy. Just imagine Matthew Macfadyen in Mr. Darcy's clothes talking to you with his British accent. I remembered their picnic when Emily unintentionally squirted grape juice on Mr. Darcy's shirt. Emily suggested a way to remove the stain and you know what his reply was? Thank you. I will suggest it to one of the servants. Haha. He's obviously so posh.

But there's no harm in dreaming about Mr. Darcy, of course. It's just that I realized how impossible Mr. Darcy can exist. Maybe a Mr. Darcy existed before, way back before. But that's just a maybe. And if he does exist, I can't say if I will or will not like him. Remember how he treated Elizabeth during their first meeting? And when Matthew Macfadyen assisted Elizabeth ride the horse-drawn carriage? But if things change and he won't be that snobbish and arrogant... just contact me if you meet one. But I guess being not that snobbish and arrogant won't make him 100% Fitzwilliam Darcy. Aw.

2 Comments:

Blogger angel said...

This is so funny. Haha! Of course you're not inlove with Mr. Darcy. You're just infatuated. Don't worry, that will go away soon.

But no doubt there have been Mr. Darcy's in the past and even better. I emailed you the real love story of Elizabeth Barrett and Robert Browning.

Just because characters are fictional does not mean they don't necessarily exist in real life. Most fictional characters represent people from real life.

And what's more, most things are relative. Meaning, one can find the Mr. Darcy for her the same way one can fine the Elizabeth for him.

Now to burst your bubble, it's not fair to wish for a Mr. Darcy just like that though. Remember Mr. Darcy deserves an Elizabeth too.

November 12, 2007 8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

word verification of the night: zbnoz
100% Fitzwilliam Darcy?

Darcy. Darcy. Darcy.

^ maybe your sister's right. it's just infatuation.

well, as a romantic (romanticistic) person, hope you find one and sail away the county.

November 14, 2007 11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home