Stories&Photographs

Friday, November 23, 2007

Purple Pride

We (I, Effie, Eunice, Billy, Miguel, Chester, and Dela) are having some problems regarding the upcoming speech choir competition. One of these is how to get the audience to recognize what we will be portraying. We wish to portray the Seven Deadly Sins. Our piece, by the way, is "The Man with the Hoe". Our class agreed on portraying the sins as the things responsible for the the man's sufferings.

During my lucky day [I won't tell how I got lucky that day because it's a different story], I was allowed to represent 'Pride' and it made me sooo happy. Don't ask me why. And so I did my research and this is what I learned:

"
In almost every list Pride is considered the original and most serious of the seven deadly sins, and indeed the ultimate source from which the others arise. It is identified as a desire to be more important or attractive than others, failing to give compliments to others though they may be deserving of them, and excessive love of self (especially holding self out of proper position toward God). Dante's definition was 'love of self perverted to hatred and contempt for one's neighbor.'" (Wikipedia)

I also found a gorgeous art portraying pride--vanity--from deviantart.com. I also learned, from the artist's comment, that vanity is somehow linked to the color violet which reminds me that I love violet. Anyway,
violet does represent 'pride'. Go, violet! I repeat, I find this art gorgeous.



For my co-sins, click your sin if you wish to see your art.
Lust
Avarice
Anger
Gluttony
Sloth
Envy

Anyway, enough of the art. I still need to find something that will make the audience instantly recognize us. Aside from the art, I also found the animal and color that correspond to each sin but we can't change our costume's color because the dressmaker is working on it already. Plus, an image of an animal will not look that good on our elegant robes. In short, I need help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home