Stories&Photographs

Sunday, July 19, 2009

First Five Weeks

Tomorrow I'll be starting my sixth week in college. How did my first five went?

Week 1
It was nice reuniting with some friends from high school. I was looking forward to seeing them Somehow, I wasn't ready to see familiar faces - faces who know me, faces who know what I do, what I'm like, what I've been through. It's not that I want to change and become something far from what I was. It's not that I want to hide my identity. It's just...too sudden. Everything seems to happen so suddenly.

S
oft music playing from Jann Arden's Insensitive...How do you block the sound of a voice you've known anywhere? I met someone from high school. Somehow, I didn't feel like I'm ready to go to school yet. I want to linger a little bit more at home, sheltered and protected. I didn't feel like I was ready to meet new people and smile just so I won't be called a snob. But there was no turning back, the bell was ringing. It was time to go to school.


We crashed Miguel, Norlan, and Rabbi's house at Katipunan. Actually, we begged them to feed us. We had a small reunion; it was fun while it lasted.

The first week gave me a taste of what my life would be like this semester. I would get soaked in the rain. My feet would ache. And I would not have someone cook dinner for me.

Week 2
For some reasons, I was realllly broke this week. Thankfully, I have a sister who helped me get through the week alive.

It was Effie's place we crashed this time. And I owe her for feeding me chips and cookies. Actually, she was inviting us to her place. We made her swear that she would feed us if we visit her.

Week 3
My sister left for Bicol which means that I would be alone for the whole week. It was a bit sad having no one to talk to so I convinced my other sister to stay with me for the week. That's the joy of having a lot of sisters, lol. Really, it's sad being alone. If ever I move to QC next semester, I will make sure that I have a housemate. It's okay if she doesn't talk to me. Just her presence is very much appreciated. I'm not that demanding.

I got sick. I was looking for a nearby PC shop to have my project printed. Unfortunately, I failed to find one. Even more unfortunately, it rained. Hard. And, there were winds. Strong winds. For a moment I thought it was a typhoon. And most unfortunately, I got lost. I got lost in the streets of Makati. I kept walking and walking until I found what looked like something that might offer printing services.

Me: *soaking wet* Miss, nagpprint kayo?
Miss: *looks at the soaked and wasted girl then turns around*
Me: *thinks "What's that supposed to mean?" then walks away*

If she had seen me soaking in a swimsuit she'd probably be a lesbian right now.

I got soaked and I got lost. I thought that finding the way back home was probably the best thing to do next. After a lot more walking, I finally found home. I had never felt more delighted before. Just as I took a hot shower, the rain stopped. Music playing from Alanis Morisette's Ironic...Isn't it ironic? Don't you think?

Week 4
I was missing home. No, I was missing the food at home. I was missing my room at home. I was missing the comfort of home. So whenever I go home, I make sure that I abuse the people there. I make my mom prepare breakfast (yes, I eat breakfast now) - toasted bread with butter and fried eggs and/or jam, I make my dad listen ONLY to my stories - no tv for him until I'm finished, and my younger sister...I have a long list for her, lol.

Riding a bus home feels weird. It's nice to take a break from the busy city of Makati for a while. It was nice to finally see the familiar structures in Muntinlupa. It feels good to be back home. At the same time, it feels weird. Seeing home along with its familiar structures brings back a lot of stories from way back Cenozoic Era. A big part of me was being relived. It was like...everywhere I look, a story unfolds. Do I want to unfold these stories? Well, some stories are worth unfolding. I met with some friends from high school this weekend. We were so excited and happy seeing each other we created an uproar a tiny disturbance at a store. It was nice catching up with each other, filling what was missed.

Week 5
For a reason I do not know, seeing the familiar stores of Trinoma felt great. It was like I'm home again [coming back from Muntinlupa]. Contrasting to Week 4 but that was how I felt. It's slowly becoming a part of me, Trinoma. I meant QC. Diliman, Quezon City. I think it's good that I'm finally calling QC home. It means I'm adjusting, right?

That's pretty much how my first five weeks went. I hope you're not wondering where 'I have new friends', 'I like the Freshman Party', or the like are. What you felt, I felt it too.

3 Comments:

Anonymous joyce said...

Week 1
I know how you felt. Somehow, I was happy Patrice and I didn't end up as block mates for it wouldn't feel so much like a 'clean slate' when somebody else already knew so much about me.
I miss feeling sheltered and protected as well. It's just so different here. It's every man for himself.

Week 2
Gosh, I wish you and Effie will crash my place someday. I miss you, guys. :)

Week 3
"If she had seen me soaking in a swimsuit she'd probably be a lesbian right now."
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!:D

Week 4
Going back surely feels weird. Just like what you said, everything seems to bring back memories.And most stories are better off forgotten. :(

Week 5
Just like you, I'm slowly adjusting.:D Congrats to us!

July 20, 2009 6:41 PM  
Blogger Alyzza said...

It's every man for himself.

Right.

Maybe we could crash yours too - that is, if our scheds meet. It's a bit hard crashing places alone.

Haha. I was really furious, you know.

Most stories are better off forgotten.

Aw. I guess you're right. Most of my stories came from high school - how could these be forgotten when UP seems to be an extension of MunSci? Hahaha.

Congrats! We still have a lot of years coming.

July 20, 2009 7:52 PM  
Anonymous Kriselle said...

If she had seen me soaking in a swimsuit she'd probably be a lesbian right now.

XD (That line was so epic)

I loved the last week notes. I hope you feel more at home, Alyzza. (As for me, I didn't even want to leave here since the first week.) And I hope that that kind of horrible, badly-timed rain doesn't happen again.

Your sisters are very nice. (I envy you, only, I want older brothers because I like being the only girl!) XD

July 23, 2009 7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home