Stories&Photographs

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Rain

Have you ever been in so much pain? Have you ever cried so hard? So hard you thought that you're eyes are too dry to form tears again?

I have been spending my summer cooped inside the house because the clouds never cease to pour. I want to go out for a stroll. I want to meet with my friends. I want to play with my dog. I want to swim. I want to do things outside.

It would rain every afternoon. Sometimes it rains so hard I can't even go out to buy load. Now it rained all day. Sigh. I don't know but aren't the clouds also too dry to form raindrops? How much in pain are they?

It makes me feel cold, so cold that even a warm blanket and a cup of hot chocolate can't overcome. But it's good that it rains too. It cleanses the earth. It washes away the dirt. It satisfies the parched. It brings life.

Tears, however, maintain the moisture in the eyes, hydrate membranes, and keep it clean using lysozymes. It also makes people feel better. Why? Because when we cry, we eliminate hormones associated with stress.

When the sun comes out after a shower, its rays hit the raindrops creating magnificent rainbows. So the next time you cry, you should show something magnificent after.

4 Comments:

Anonymous nightowl said...

What's with all the crying? It's a beautiful summer. A little wet but beautiful nonetheless. Enjoy life, enjoy youth. That goes away all too soon.

Laugh and dance in the rain. I do that still (with my friends)!

Carpe diem!

April 30, 2009 8:20 PM  
Blogger Kriselle said...

Alyzza, I hope you're okay. (And I'm sure you'll end up showing something magnificent, too XD)

May 04, 2009 9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

word verification: aownsi

Paramore says:

"When it rains... Will you always find an escape? Just running away..."

-When It Rains, RIOT!

Hey, bathe in the rain. It's fun... and never lonesome... Get out of the house... And sometimes... the rainbows get better. One time, when it rained, the Laguna de Bay was a rainbow itself. The whole horizon was a rainbow.

May 22, 2009 4:56 PM  
Blogger Alyzza said...

I would like to see that scene.

Anyway, it's no longer raining. I miss it, though. Haha.

May 25, 2009 8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home