Stories&Photographs

Thursday, April 30, 2009

15 Days After the Ides of March

The story is typical. I just wanted to uhh...write.

On the dawn of the 30th day of the summer, there slumbered a young princess who seemed to be having a dream. A very bad dream. Wrapped in her silk sheets, the princess lied completely still. She was making hushed noises. She was whimpering. The young princess looked pitiful. Someone must wake her and tell her that she had just had a bad dream. But fortune did not favor the princess; no one came to wake her.

The princess remained wrapped, still, and whimpering for about 6 hours. No dream had been recorded that long during the entire century. In fact, no one could actually dream that long. Alas! I was right. The princess had not been sleeping at all. She sat on her bed and continued to whimper. Then she stopped and lied on her bed. She stared blankly at the chandelier that hung above her. And tears started to fall again. The same things happened over and over.

The princess closed her eyes and allowed her memories rush into mind.

"Mom, I have been waiting for you and dad. How was the trip?"

"It was better than anything you can imagine, dear. Your father loved the village so much he wanted to stay there for a while."

"How long is that? I'm going to miss him."

"We don't know. He'll be back, I promise. Why don't you give mom a hug?"

##

"Mom, I can't sleep. I really miss dad. Did he send something, like letters or some sort?"


"I'm sorry, my dear, he did not. Come, I'll sing you a lullaby."

##

"Honey, why do you look so lonely?"


"I heard the servants talking about dad. They said that he was killed! Is that true, mom? Even the people in the kitchen and the guards are talking about it. Was dad killed?"

"Your dad? Killed? How could you believe such nonsense? Your father is a very good warrior."

"But they said--"

"Hush, love. You know how rumors go around the palace. Your father is in a very good condition. He will be back."

"If you said so, mom."

##

"Your dad is dead. Why can't you accept that? Everyone has been talking about it since your mom arrived."

"Believe whichever; I have no right against that. I trust my mom. She can't lie to me."

"Is it always 'because she's my mom'? You believe her because she said so, because she's your mom. Why don't you confront her about it?"


"I already did that but, okay."


##

"Mom?"


"Yes, dearest?"

"Do you have something to talk to me about? Something to tell? Something I really need to know?"

"Well, yes. Absolutely. I love you, honey. Now, off to bed."

"Is that all?"

"Yes. Do you want to talk about other things?"

"..."

"Goodness! Those rumors are bothering you again, aren't they? Haven't we talked about this already? "

"Mom, should I ask you one last time just so you won't tell me that I did not give time to hear you?"

"Look, there is something you should know."

"I could have guessed so."

"Your father, he's dead. Fifteen days after the Ides of March, I did it; I poisoned him. It was my fault, I'm so sorry. It's just that it happened so long ago and I don't know. I thought of not telling you yet."

"You--"

"Look, I was going to tell you. In time. I was just looking for the right time like, when your uncle and I get married tomorrow. I wanted you to be happy. And you love your uncle, don't you?"

"Yes, I do love my uncle."

"We are terribly sorry."

More tears rolled from the young princess' eyes. I wish that the princess was, indeed, just having a bad dream. About a month after her father's death, it was only then that the princess finally learned of her father's fate.

6 Comments:

Anonymous nightowl said...

What the heck?

You can apply for birth certifice online or by phone. Not sure though for first timers. You might need to drop by the NSO office. You can search online, try NSO.

Now go back to the real world :p Dad's not dead and your mom's not that evil either :p Oh and the older princess is more beautiful than ever :p

April 30, 2009 8:14 PM  
Blogger Alyzza said...

Whoever told you that I was the princess? And, geez, you can never be a princess. Hahahaha.

I've applied for the certificate online and it takes three days to process. And 2-6 days for delivery. Plus, I need it on Friday. I hope they allow students to register and pass the certificate a bit later. I don't like the idea of registering on June.

May 04, 2009 12:38 AM  
Blogger Kriselle said...

I don't know if I interpreted it correctly. If I did, then that was one heck of an evil mother. And she wasn't even a stepmother. No, I don't think it's typical XD I think you made it really well and it was unique!

May 04, 2009 9:22 PM  
Blogger Alyzza said...

One heck of an evil mother.

Yeah, one heck of an evil mother.

May 04, 2009 11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

word verification: skinganc

Wow. One HELL of an EVIL, VILE mother.

May 22, 2009 4:48 PM  
Blogger Alyzza said...

Gosh, if you only knew who the mother represented. Hahahahaha.

May 25, 2009 8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home