Stories&Photographs

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Randomness

Yet another random post.

WARNING: Don't read if you are uninterested in a diary-type post.

It's good to be back at school again. No more worrying about what I have been missing. I missed school for three days because of some viral infections accompanied by other viral infections. That's why I missed our speech choir rehearsals. I do hope I could cope with everything as I attend to some responsibilities in the English Club. *sigh*

The English Club kidnapped me during the afternoon. We planned for everything under the sun. And we planned for having our own 'cosplaying' too. I can't reveal who I'll be cosplaying because I haven't settled that yet. But, yeah, I'm raiding closets in here to find things I need. Too bad we just talked about this today. If only we had talked about this a bit earlier, I could have had time to shop for stuff. LOL. But I'm really sad because time is not on my side; I need the stuff on Friday.

I can't stress myself today because I haven't fully recovered from my maladies yet(haha). So...I planned my escape. Same old "doctor's appointment". Haha. BUT, I bought stuff for the English Club. :) That's a valid excuse, right?

Since my fellow officers are too busy rehearsing for the speech choir, I offered to buy the stuff. They were asking if it was okay for me to go alone and I said 'yes'. I mean, I'm used to going solo. Also, we need to learn to do stuff by ourselves or we'll look like fools in the future.

So...let me tell you how my trip went.

I realized a lot of things. One of the things I like most about going solo is having time for myself. I think about a lot of things when I walk--when I walk under the moon, at the mall, in the rain, everywhere.

Changes. I passed by Quantum today and noticed that the Dance Maniax...uhh, machine was gone. Don't get me wrong. I knew about that before. Months ago. It's just that I haven't actually seen the spot without the machine on it. I saw it today. It looked so bare and empty. It's absence marks a big change for me. I mean, after about 7 months (I hope I remembered it right) of having its rhythm ringing in your ear over and over and watching the inexhaustible players dance like they can never dance again...It's gone. But, everything changes. Everyone changes. You change. I change. People come. People leave. And it all happens for a reason.

Straw vs. Stro. I found myself in the supermarket next. I was saying, "Straw, straw, straw. S-T-R-A-W. Yung pantali." Until the salesman said, "Aah, stro." Then he suggested that I look for it in a hardware instead. I also remember the security guard who checked my bag for firearms. He told me, "Mag-aral kang mabuti ah." Do I look like I'm slacking from school? Well, I admit that I can be a real slacker sometimes. So for the guard: I'll try. :)

"Good afternoon. Ay, good evening pala. Miss, san ka nag-aaral?" One of things I hate most about going solo is being disturbed by these kind of people as I peacefully think of things. Going back, "How can you not see where I study? I was wearing my uniform and you were obviously reading my name patch. How can you not see it when we're sharing the same step on the escalator and you're facing me?" But I replied, "Muntinlupa Science High School?" Yes, I ended it with a question mark. Then I made a sharp turn to the left. Thank God the hardware was just right there.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haven't visited blogspot for quite a long time... maybe a year?

hehe. so, i'm here to catch up for the comments.

i hate those boys, goons, or whatever you or anyone call them, who keep on annoying girls. what a disrespect. haha.

changes. i still hate that change you've just mentioned. 2009 has arrived and it's still not fixed yet. it's now confined inside.

January 01, 2009 2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home