Stories&Photographs

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Puh-lease...

Before I get ready for the grad ball tonight, I wish to blog first. I can't lose the moment to write about this. Also, I can't seem to make up a story parallel to this post so I will have to tell this straightforward. I am so sorry; it's hard for me to think of a story right now and finish it in 15 minutes.

I just came home from our graduation rites and it feels so...so...nah. It feels the same. Only that I have this diploma which certifies that I have satisfactorily completed the secondary curriculum the Department of Education (DepEd) has prescribed. Attached to it is a large photo of a long-haired me wearing a toga. Five more photos of me are stapled to an envelope.

I do not want to comment much on how the program flowed because I received what I needed anyway, my diploma. So...let's skip the boring bits. Finally, we have come to sing our grad song, Natalie Cole's "One Last Time". And I was hugging my classmates and taking lots and lots of pictures. This is mean but, I laughed at the people who cried. Haha. It's not that I think that they're ridiculous...but, you know me. It's sort of hard to make me cry, which reminds me, I didn't cry during our graduation from elementary. I did not cry in any of my graduations! Yay! Way back in elementary, I was so sure that I will be seeing my friends again in the same school. That school was Muntinlupa Science High School. And I was right, why cry? But today was so much different, I don't even know which college to go to yet. And all of us will be distributed to different colleges. Still, not a single tear was shed. Don't get me wrong; I love you, people :)

After a lot, lot more photos and a school hymn, my mom was nagging me to go home. I wanted to stay a little longer because I have around 78 friends I want to take pictures with but I know very well not to argue. But, we headed to the restroom first. After my mom had done her thing there, she went by the sink to do what girls do in a sink and a large mirror. And she began to talk, "Ba't napag-iwanan ka ng mga classmates mo sa Montessori?" At that moment, I was like, whoa. Could somebody slit my wrists to wake me and tell me that I'm having my worst nightmare ever? Or...is my life slowly turning into a soapopera where I'm the stupid and weak protagonist? I didn't do that because the answer is obviously NO. Not because I know that my mom can actually do that, but because...well, because...err...just because. Going back, she continued, "Ba't sila Joyce ang daming awards? Pati si Eunice--" Wait, Eunice wasn't from SMS. And she continued blabbing about things a girl like me would not want to hear.

***censored***

Of course, I could not answer back. I would not answer back. Because it wouldn't change anything, right? I did not even reply, "Because I'm plain stupid" because I certainly know I'm not. You know what happened when we left the restroom? We met our research adviser which coincidentally is her friend. And my mom said, "Pumasa siya sa scholarship niya!"

P.S.

Ate ange, shh.
Eunice and Joyce! No hard feelings. You know what I'm like. I love you and you know that :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Kriselle said...

Ahahaha, I know how you feel. (I have been asked that question as well, considering that all my schoolmates are in the top 10: twins and Miguel XD). But I guess I don't say anything anymore and I just say, "Ayos lang naman sa kin eh."

It was a surprise to me, but I didn't cry as well. My parents were betting that I would. And Allen was WATCHING me. I guess that the fact that we have to go to school the week after affected it.

I'll miss you, Alyzza! Good luck to us in college!

March 27, 2009 11:30 PM  
Anonymous angel said...

You know naman. Mom could be critical in front of her kids. Pero truth is she's actually proud of what we've accomplished.

Ako umiyak ako nung HS graduation hehehe.

March 30, 2009 3:03 PM  
Anonymous joyce THE prophet said...

Heyy, sorry for being soo sentimental. I just couldn't push my tears back. I think you already know how much of a crybaby I am. HAHA. Anyway, hindi ka naman napag-iwanan ah. Ikaw nga eh, hindi nagsasabi, may recital thing na pala. And I didn't know you were so good with the piano! Black belter ka na rin. You can kick some serious a**. Well, good luck with life. I'll miss you. :(

April 02, 2009 6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

word verification: ursoci (wow)

Nah. It's not that you were left behind, you were always ahead of me.

You were always better. In many ways if not all.

April 09, 2009 4:18 PM  
Blogger Alyzza said...

You were always better. In many ways if not all.

Whoa. Hahaha. Let me just say, "okay". Hahaha.

Napapadalas net surfing naten ah. Hahaha. Wee! Online buddy!

April 09, 2009 5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home