Stories&Photographs

Monday, May 04, 2009

CamSur Trip

This is late, but I'll post it anyway.

Last April, I got to try kneeboarding at the CamSur Watersports Complex (CWC).



At first I thought it was easy, but no, it was not that easy. I was really excited about this. I wouldn't go to Bicol if it weren't for the kneeboarding, seriously. So, we registered ourselves and joined the 'kneeboarding queue'. I was watching the newbies; some of them were good and some of them were...well, they didn't manage to get too far. What if I don't get too far? What if I fall right after the cable pulled me to the water? What if, what if, what if, what if?

And then I saw my sister Angel being pulled away. It was my turn. I took a deep breath and held on to the cable tightly. I crouched really low to balance myself easily. This was an advice from the briefing. I felt a strong tug. Suddenly, I was being dragged away from the shore. The experience was exhilarating. It felt so good to feel the water splash on my face. It was as if my face was being sprinkled with freshwater. It felt exhilarating.

Suddenly, I saw a familiar face. My sister was adrift. I was heading for my sister's head! But I can't turn to the other way, I can't. I don't know how to do it. All the time I was traveling on a straight line, or so I thought. I was relieved when she managed to duck her head underwater as I zoom on the surface, above her head. I'm glad I didn't kill her. I'm even more glad that she was my older sister. What could have happened if she were my younger sister, who does not even know how to swim?

I was going on a smooth pace again until I felt the cable loosen. I was bending around the circle. Following the advice from the briefing, I made a tighter grip and pulled the cable in. I must keep the tension on it strong or I would fall. I did it but the cable continued to loosen. My arms started to weaken. I felt a strong tug, like the first tug I felt. I couldn't hold it any longer. I felt exhausted. I released the cable and for a few seconds I felt I was sinking, swallowed by the waters.

I was pushed back on the surface of the water and I realized that I was alone. I was in the middle of the lake and there was no one around. I tried to swim back to the shore but I couldn't. My legs were too weak. I stayed on where I was for a few more moments. Suddenly, there came other wakeboarders and kneeboarders. I was scared they might hit me. A man came and pulled me to the shore. And there were my sisters, sitting happily on the 'rescue truck'. We laughed and exchanged experiences as the truck brought us back to the starting line.

It was fun so we decided to fall in line again. Our second times were neither as long nor as good as our first times. We didn't get to go even just a little far from the starting line T-T I suggested that we take a break first.

After a long break, we rejoined the 'kneeboarding queue'. It would be our last ride. For some reasons, we needed to get back to Albay immediately. We promised to try to get as far as we can so we would not have to fall in line again to make the most out of the last ride. I failed to make a complete revolution around the lake but I did manage to get a little farther from where I first fell off. I was able to swim back to the shore and wait for the 'rescue truck' to pick me up and take me back to the starting line.

I realized some things on the way back to Albay. Life is fun, though limited. Don't waste time ranting and crying about some downfalls. Sure you can take a break when you get tired, but don't take too long. Your kneeboarding is only for two hours Life is limited.

Don't envy other people if they did well during their first time. There are others who needed to do well, too.

Wisdom comes from experience.
It does not hurt to listen to an expert's advice, it might make your ride better. Don't worry if you don't get too far if you screwed up; go back and restart. The people will help you fix yourself.

When you get stuck or you feel alone, have faith. Someone will come.

Sometimes people will try to kill you will try to hurt you. Don't fight back; you might hurt yourself. Duck your head Stay away from these people.

Once you get the hang of kneeboarding, you can go around and around. You can stop whenever you want to. But remember, you can always fall in line again.

The ride is short, but it's fun and exhilarating.

And the last thing I realized, I needed to work out. I will be needing strong arms the next time I get to CWC.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kriselle said...

Wow, sounded like fun! :3 And the last part of your blog was really beautiful. (If you hit a person in the water, is there a possibility of decapitation or something? While I was reading your experience in the water, it sort of gave that image *shudder*) :D I guess it's just like you to get a life lesson from a kneeboarding experience? :D

May 05, 2009 4:27 PM  
Blogger Alyzza said...

LOL. There would be no decapitation, I guess. However, the expert reminded us that most of the accidents were because of people not ducking their heads. That was why I was so scared the first time I fell.

May 06, 2009 12:48 PM  
Anonymous joyce said...

I agree with Kriselle.The last part of your blog was beautiful.It made me realize a lot of things as well.
It sure sounded like fun.You're having such a great summer while I'm stuck here at home.
Next time, take me with you.Haha.

May 09, 2009 5:14 PM  
Blogger Alyzza said...

I would love to take you to summer trips!

Someday maybe we can all get together, go to new places, and try fun stuff. But that might take a little long because I want to be rich first. Wahahaha.

May 09, 2009 6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

word verification: brotene

Wow. The post was -- exhilarating. Nice.

The last part was good. I couldn't agree more. I wouldn't want to go kneeboarding. I might drown when I don't do the right thing. I can float... but I can't swim [like Ynna?]

My goodness. I was blogging the summer all along.

May 22, 2009 5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home