Stories&Photographs

Thursday, June 04, 2009

Sore Feet

I went to the university last Monday. And last Tuesday.

I attended the IB orientation last Monday which includes introducing you to your blockmates, knowing what to expect, and going to places where a freshman might usually go to. I was an hour late for the orientation because I had trouble finding where the place was. Palma Hall is big (or is it just me?).

On the way home, I was standing in the bus again. See, I was also standing on my way to Magallanes. Anyway, the ride home was so much better because, for some reasons, it did not make me sick.

Part 2 of the university trip begins here.

I decided to leave home late that morning because I was just supposed to pay for my tuition fee. And I believe that long queues at the cashier do not form that early. When I got there, "some person" told me that it was closed and that I should go to the office instead. And where is that? At the back of the Philippine National Bank (PNB). And again, where is that?

I got in a UP Toki with a group of college students.

Friend 1: Si [insert name here], ang aga aga, nanglalait ng freshman.
Friend 2: Hindi ah.
Friend 3: Bakit, ano ba sabi?
Friend 1: Sabi niya kanina, eto, freshman 'to.
Friend 2: Kasi halata naman eh. Tumitingin kung saan-saan.
Friend 1: O, tingnan mo.
Group of friends: *laughs*

Ate, freshman din ako. But I didn't say that. LOL.

And after having trouble finding PNB, I finally joined the long queue. Just then, the guard told us that tuition fees are to be paid at the OUR. What?! After having a difficult time of finding this, you're going to send me back there? So, the people who were supposed to be paying for tuition fees left for the OUR.

I was so tired and disappointed that I lost the will to pay. Hahaha.

"Ate Ange. Tawagan mo 'ko."

My sister was very prompt. My cellphone was ringing a minute after my message was sent. I narrated how my trip went.

Ate Ange: Asan ka ba?
Me: Nasa UP.
Ate Ange: Aah. Ako din eh. Sa CS.
Me: O?! Ba't 'di mo sinabi?! Really. I was scolding her here. Hahaha.
***
Ate Ange: 'Di pumunta ka sa OUR. Hindi mo alam kung pa'no pumunta 'dun?
Me: Alam ko! Kaso..*rant* *rant*
Ate Ange: Aah. Lunch time na eh. Kain muna tayo. Asan ka ba?
Me: PNB.
Ate Ange: Okay, pupunta na 'ko d'yan.

See what a great sister she is?

So we walked to the "Bahay ng Alumni" and ate a hearty meal at "The Chocolate Kiss" - that's where she always takes me to eat. Yay!

Again, we walked to the OUR and I joined the long queue for payments. At UP, the word "queue" always goes with "long". Hehehe. After finally receiving my hard-earned receipt, I was informed that I have to join an even longer queue for the miscellaneous fees - ID fee.

Poor sister. She looked really bored. It was good that she decided to go to the ComSci Department to save time. She was supposed to shift advisors - or something like that.

At last, I finally received my photo ID schedule. That was the last part of the enrollment. Now, how to get to the ComSci Department. My sister told me that it lies right in front of the NIGS, so I asked a jeepney driver if he could take me to NIGS.

Lakarin mo na lang mas malapit. *shows directions*

So...I walked. And there I was, at the NIGS. Surprisingly, I got there before my sister did. She left before I did and she even got herself a ride! The driver was right. Walking would save me time.

My sister went in to find her advisor which might take long. It was my turn to wait. Unfortunately, the person was not there. It was time for me to go home and for my sister to return to her office.

I managed to grab a seat in the bus this time. I deserve it after what I had from the MRT ride. Haha.

The story doesn't end here. Well, almost.

It was a relief when I finally got home (gosh, I never appreciated home like this before). I could take off my shoes now. Yay! I washed my feet with soap and water and rubbed them with foot lotion. I was really spoiling my feet. I even used my sister's soft, fuzzy slippers because my feet were sore. Yeah, they're really sore. And they're red.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Kriselle said...

Andaming ginawa! I just read the part about where to pay and I got confused, myself, lol. Judging from the content, your feet really deserved to be spoiled at the end of that day. Your sister is really so nice, too!

Glad you got through it safe!

June 04, 2009 3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

word verification: bahede

You really have a very nice sister.

My goodness, ang hirap talaga maging eldest.

waaaah. Masakit nga talaga sa paa kapag nakapila sa up.

June 10, 2009 3:31 PM  
Blogger Alyzza said...

@Nicko
No, she's not the eldest. Actually, I didn't mind the queuing part; at least, I know that it will be my turn soon. Like what Kriselle said, it's really confusing. Haha.

June 10, 2009 4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home