Stories&Photographs

Monday, August 08, 2011

Complete!

This is a conversation my dad and I had yesterday, while grocery shopping with Mom.

Me: Bibili ako ng tripod.
Dad: Kumpletuhin mo na lang grades mo. Ibibili kita ng tripod.

You see I managed to get a scholarship program which reimburses my tuition and requires my grades after each term before they could finally give the money back. I should say I'm lucky enough to be a scholar until now as BS Biology is killing me gently. But I love how it kills me - Sophophora melanogaster, pretty hexagons in organic chemistry, memorizing amino acids. Anyway, an unfortunate event happened to me last summer. My Physics lab instructor gave me an INC, an abbreviation for 'incomplete'. It means that I have a passing grade but I failed to submit a requirement, well, my teammates and I failed to submit a requirement. There's nothing to worry about now because...


I remember one of the conversations I had with a friend a week ago. I told him that the only grades I have not had yet are 1.25, DRP, 4.00, and 5.00. Here's that missing 1.25. I'm not asking for the other grades, though.

And here's a certificate I received 5 months ago.

Considering how I'm faring in biology, I don't think I'll ever walk up that stage again and receive another one like this. The grades I get are just enough to keep my scholarship. Just last term I received my first, and hopefully only, 3.00. Being an iskolar ng bayan is worth the pain anyway.

Wait. Does this mean I get the tripod now?

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home