Stories&Photographs

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Rainy Days and Girlfriends

As you would have guessed, our classes, like yours, were suspended last Friday. And I regret that I didn't make the most out of that Thursday night with friends.

I learned of the suspension around 5:30 AM and I was planning to get ready to go home at that instant since I was also informed that my after-class meeting was postponed. I can't remember why I decided to sleep a little bit more. The next thing I knew I was making oatmeal for lunch. My dad advised me to stay in QC so I won't be traveling while a typhoon is on loose. What happened next was the most unfortunate thing, I didn't have anything to do. I still haven't got hold of the book and the lectures I need to read because they are somewhere out there and I can't brave the storm outside. My roommate happily lent me her copy of "How to be Bad" which I finished on that same day. It was not that good a read but who cares? I'm comfortably reading a book on a cold, rainy day while enjoying a bowl of mushroom soup my housemate and I made. Don't get too excited about the soup - it's one where you pour the contents on water and boil. Yes, instant mushroom soup.

We cooked dinner around 10 PM. I know, that was late and I was extremely hungry. I haven't eaten a decent meal since morning. We rummaged our ex-housemate's goods and yes, we found enough to feed all eight of us. We were seated on the floor, in a circle, and were enjoying that little feast we made. I don't know what we resemble the most, friends on camping, girls on a sleepover, or evacuees having their fill of food ration. One thing is for sure, the cold wind from Falcon was nothing compared to the warmth inside our house.

We made hot chocolate right after dinner which was followed by a series of stories from creepy stalkers to a random guy's weird habits. I fell asleep around 5:00 AM and woke five hours after. My housemates were already up and packing their stuff. I had to do the same. We had lunch at KFC and went home right after, except for me. I decided to wait for my sister so we could go home together. I waited for two hours but no, I didn't get bored. I sang inside those karaoke booths, checked out books on sale, and played that grand piano by the music store which I used to not do alone and it was actually fun. Oh yeah, there's this funny thing. While I was playing Bach's Prelude No. 1, a girl asked me if she could have her photo taken with me. I agreed and tried my best to hide all the awkwardness and smile at the camera her mom was holding. I didn't lose my wallet or my mobile phone so I don't think it was some kind of scam. But still, it was weird.

My sister arrived several minutes later. We dropped by her high school friends who were in McDo and then we finally went home. Finally. FINALLY.

So here I am, trying to revive my blog. Postponing my reports. Delaying my errands. Talking to you.

And thanking my girlfriends for helping me forget hurt, even just for twenty-four hours.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home