Stories&Photographs

Saturday, June 04, 2011

The Farm

The farm. That's what's keeping my mom and dad busy. I was never that fond of the farm until my dad called me one March evening and showed me his first 'harvest'.


We poured salad dressing on the lettuce leaves and everyone had a taste of Dad's first 'harvest'. I can't remember what happened to the calamansi though.

It was like that every Saturday night. Mom and Dad would come home from the farm bringing vegetables and fruits. Soon their harvests were more than enough so we had to share it with my grandma and my aunt. We're not yet selling our vegetables.

During the Holy Week, Dad took us to the farm so we could help Mom harvest.

Oh yeah, we have pigs too.


This one's my favorite. I named her Caramel.

And this is my favorite "piglet shot". BTW, I named her Babe.


And we have a mommy pig - or a sow. We haven't named her yet.


Just two weeks ago I revisited the farm and I was surprised to see that we now have turkeys and sheep. The sheep are a little shy. They run away when you come near so you can't touch them and feel their uber soft fleece. Too bad. And the turkeys, they're laying eggs now! No egg has hatched yet but I'm looking forward to seeing little turkeys running all over the place. Unfortunately, I left my camera in QC so I won't be posting turkey shots and sheep shots. I promise to post them soon. For now, enjoy vegetable pics :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Joyce said...

I'm jealous! I want to own a farm, too! It's like playing Harvest Moon in real life. O_O Take us to your farm, ok? :>

June 04, 2011 6:04 PM  
Blogger Alyzza said...

Of course I will! My mom's actually asking me to invite my friends over and join the harvest. It's fun. :)

June 04, 2011 7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want my own farm too. can i visit your sheeps? :>

June 13, 2011 3:15 PM  
Blogger Alyzza said...

Hi Anon! Of course you can visit the sheep. You can also pet the new lamb if you wish. too bad Caramel's gone - she got stolen. Err...mind introducing yourself? I have no clue who you are. Haha.

June 26, 2011 1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home