Stories&Photographs

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Trip to the Wild

We visited the Ninoy Aquino Parks and Wildlife Nature Center yesterday to get an interview with one of the veterinarians, Dr. Steven Toledo. He was very nice and he answered all our questions very adequately. One of the questions I asked him was if he had a personal favorite. He answered that it was difficult to get too attached to the animals because letting go would be hard. He had a personal favorite, a baby gorilla. I noticed that his eyes became a little teary when he was telling us that the baby gorilla died due to some disease. What moved me was that when I asked him if they had any kind of problems maintaining the center. He said that he was hoping that we could help them and that we become biologists instead of a medical doctor. That debate, between biology and medicine, is a thought I have been bothered lately but that would be an entirely different post. I could go on writing about the many things I have learned from him but that would be delaying my date with sweet organic chemistry.

Anyway, that picture of the deer above is my favorite; its sadness raising awareness of animal welfare.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home