Stories&Photographs

Monday, March 15, 2010

Moving Forward

1. Forgive. The first step is really hard, I know. I suggest you skip this and move along to step 2.

2. Forget. This step is followed by a series of steps.
2.1 Eliminate. Eliminate the problem.
2.2 Eliminate. Kill. Annihilate. Destroy. Slay, I mean, wipe out everything related to the problem.
2.3 Act. Act like you really do not see the things you eliminated, killed, annihilated, destroyed, crushed, wrecked, or whatever you did to those. They're gone after all.

3. Smile. Be proud of your accomplishment. Everyone, I mean, everything is covered in a pool of blood. Everything is gone now.

4. Shower. You too are covered in blood. Take off the filthy blood of the world's enemies from your precious skin. You may have eliminated a lot, but remember, it's for the benefit of all.

5. Think ahead. Now that you're clean, think of how so much better your world is now. Think of how good you are, following this guide oh-so faithfully. Think of how your heart turned a lot lighter after leaving all those b*tches behind. Think of how peaceful your nights will be, never thinking about those that bother you.

6. Live. Meet new people. Read the paper. Dance in the rain. Climb a mountain. Give someone a hug. Read a book. Watch a play. Sing at the top of your lungs. Paint a scenery. Kiss your dad. Take pictures. Watch the sunset. Stay up until sunrise. Gaze at stars. Bake a cake. Give a friend a present. Write a story. Play the piano. Make sandcastles. Swim with dolphins. Fall in love.

7. Think back. Think of how beautiful your life is with them gone. You sure are capable of living an enjoyable life without them. Now do step 1. Isn't step 1 a lot easier if it is placed at the last part?

I wonder when I can stop trying step 1 and move to step 2.

8 Comments:

Blogger the bipolar stargazer said...

You need to tell me what's happening. :|

March 15, 2010 7:54 PM  
Blogger Alyzza said...

Err...collecting the courage to eliminate stuff? Teehee.

March 15, 2010 8:25 PM  
Blogger radioactivesamurai said...

Alyzza, I want to comment on the content but good Gods the form is just beautiful. You write so well *AA*

Okay, sorry for that

Going back; these are really nice tips. I hope you did get to move forward? (From the sound of it, I think you did o__o) Why are you so awesome at controlling your feelings?

Anyway, I'm going to use this.

I need it. Bad. Considering everything under 2.

March 15, 2010 11:21 PM  
Blogger Alyzza said...

Well, that's okay. Thanks!!

No, I didn't. Maybe it seems like it (and maybe it seems like I'm controlling my feelings well) because I let a little time pass before I write. I remember my prof telling us that 'Poems are emotions collected in tranquility'. My sudden change of mood is actually very obvious. I was killing a lot and spilling a lot of blood but then I typed 'Do step 1'. Really, I was not planning to forgive. EVER. And, I literally break down when I'm broken. Teehee.

So...go do #2 because #1 is effin' hard. Good luck!

P.S.
Don't forget the last step. ;)

March 18, 2010 2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

chroc

this is by far the best postmodern poetry i have read from you!

and ignoring that (like kris attempted), it's really hard to step to step 1.

March 22, 2010 4:21 PM  
Blogger Alyzza said...

That is why it's written last, lol.

Thanks! :">

March 22, 2010 6:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

iba yung pananaw ko...


moving forward is done in two ways:

1) forgive
2) FORCE-forget (aka suppress; and do all those crazy stuff that follows... :)) )

It is impossible to forgive AND forget (or even to just forget)... unless you get an amnesia, Alzheimer's, or some other neurodegenerative disorder...

ewan ha... pananaw ko lang.. :))


BTW: sorry kung dito ko to ilalagay, pero ANG LAME TALAGA NG PAGLALAGAY NG WORD VERIFICATION SA POST NI CALUYA. Nakakasira ng flow ng logic. Oh well. It's Nicko. You can't expect anything less than that from him... =))

March 26, 2010 11:45 PM  
Blogger Alyzza said...

Ang evil! Haha! I have grown used to that, parang everyday happening na lang siya. Some jumbled letters that follow his name, lol.

Anyway, I think forgiving and forgetting come hand in hand. See, forgetting does not mean forgetting completely. I guess it means that the next time you talk about that particular thing, both parties will act like nothing bad had ever happened. Parang tatawanan nyo na lang. But explained that way, it means almost the same as forgiving. Right?

So I think, when you forgive, only then you will forget. And if you have not forgotten, you have not yet forgiven.

March 27, 2010 1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home