Stories&Photographs

Friday, March 26, 2010

I Tag You

I was at Miguel's blog and it came upon me - a blog post.

March is ending soon and it has been a year since we left the comforts of high school. What happened in that one year after high school?

What I Still Am:

1) I still don't keep a planner
2) because I still have good memory.
3) I still can't cook.
4) I still wait for the last minute before I start working on school stuff.
5) And even after that, I still beat the deadlines, hah!

What I No Longer Am/What I Learned/Whatever:

1) I'm no longer an internet-dependent person. I have learned to live without logging into Facebook each night. I abuse the WiFi at home, though. :p
2) I have learned that eating out alone for dinner (for consecutive days) is heartbreaking. And that it's better if you eat at home instead.
3) I learned Chemistry.
4) I learned how to use the library. And that it's nice sleeping in the SocSci section of the MainLib, teehee.
5) I learned how to be happy. It's the same way about loving. You learn to love yourself first before you can love someone. And about smiling, you have to smile at someone before he smiles back at you. You don't grant someone's happiness by allowing yourself to suffer. Instead, you let them suffer. You let them discover that sulking is a choice. And that living is a choice, too. When they see you happy, only then they can believe that happiness is a possibility.

What happened to you in that one year after high school? Copy, answer, repost.

I'm not sure if this will work but I tried it anyway, teehee.

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

ako rin! hindi na ako internet-dependent person... or siguro dependent pa rin ako, pero hindi na ragnarok-dependent... at inaabuso ko siya pag-uwi... :))

you learned chemistry... wow... :|

eating alone once in a while is nice... keeps you sane after meeting millions of people in school... pero being alone all the time sucks... KASI YUNG MGA NANG-IIWAN DIYAN... :|

haha! ito pala yung naisip mong blog post... hango nga lang yung saken kay effie eh... :))

March 27, 2010 5:56 PM  
Blogger Alyzza said...

Dati kasi mamamatay ako pag di ako nakapag Facebook e, lol.

I did! I learned Chemistry by myself. I don't know if it's just me or my instructor herself because Chemistry class is uber boring.

I know, right? You know what I'm thinking whenever I eat alone? I was thinking, will I still be eating alone in my bedroom/in a fastfood chain after 10 years? =))

March 27, 2010 6:13 PM  
Blogger the bipolar stargazer said...

OH WOW. I BECAME AN INTERNET ADDICT. :|

"Eating out alone" --I feel you! I miss my tita's cooking. :( That's why I worship Thursday nights. :D

March 28, 2010 8:13 AM  
Blogger Alyzza said...

I am envious. :(

*bows to Thursdates*

March 28, 2010 1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried keeping a planner but ended up using it as a sketch pad. Hahaha. Poor planner. Hoorraay for 4 and 5!

Try mo minsan sa CAL library matulog. Malamig. :)

March 28, 2010 5:52 PM  
Blogger Alyzza said...

@eunice Yung planners ko nabubulok lang. Hindi nagagamit. Hooray for spontaneous people!

Di ko kaya sa Cal. Sobrang nilalamig ako dun. =))

March 28, 2010 6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kasi magpaplano ka nga tapos hindi mo rin naman magagawa. :))

may friend ako dumugo ung ilong sa sobrang lamig sa CAL lib. =))

March 28, 2010 11:09 PM  
Blogger radioactivesamurai said...

SAME HERE --> Also learned Chem.

I pretty much said everything.

One year after high school, I'm more self-conscious, and I'm more self-dependent. I learned how to be with myself, and I learned how to stop the heartbreak when you eat alone (I think that aside from the planner, this was our main difference). One year after high school, I learned how one mistake can make everything else that follows harder.

Still, it looks like that one year did you a lot of good. Congrats!

April 12, 2010 12:04 AM  
Blogger Joyce said...

Isn't it great how much we've changed in just one year? :) Anyway, I'm planning to post something like this now that I've gotten rid of the biggest pain in the butt--organic chemistry. So maybe we can just talk about stuff on Wednesday? I'm so excited!!

May 24, 2010 7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home