Stories&Photographs

Sunday, September 06, 2009

The Birthday Surprise

I never had a plan for my birthday. Before I went to bed last Friday, I set my mind on only one thing: Come what may.

Thank you, Joyce, for being the first to greet me [at 12:01 AM].

I woke around noon and that was the time to make unique thank you-replies for everyone. Then I heard something from the dining room.

Inna: *whisper* *whisper*
Mom: O? Birthday niya ba? I didn't know. No one reminded me.
Dad: Oo nga. 'Di ko rin naalala e.
Me: *comes out from the bedroom* Mga baaaaad!

Dad decided to treat us dinner somewhere later.

I was lying on the sofa after lunch because I have nothing better to do. Then came a text message.

Dela: Ano ba gusto mo, cake o crema de fruta?
Me: Crema de Fruta. Baka pinapaasa mo lang ako ah.
Dela: 'Di ah. Di ako marunong magpaasa.

Dela offered to give me something for my birthday weeks ago and I jokingly agreed. He was never believable, you know.

Dela: Nandito na 'ko sa tapat ng bahay ninyo.
Me: O? Seryoso ka ba? 'Di pa nga 'ko naliligo eh. Wahahaha.

He began to ask me questions about our house and what startled me was...

Dela: 34 ba ang number ng bahay ninyo?
Me: Waaa. Nasa labas ka talaga? Maliligo muna ako.
Dela: Sige, I'll wait.

AWW.

After some time...

Me: Nasa labas ka talaga?
Dela: Tingnan mo.

I thought that he would just give the cake and walk away so I just wore a hoodie and shorts, but he wanted to go to Riel's. Since Riel's house isn't too faraway, I agreed to go wearing my shorts [which look rubbish]. I also told Dela that because he kidnapped me, he had to pay for my transport - I didn't bring any money because I thought that he wouldn't stay long. I promised to pay him the next time, though.

A piece of Dela's cake

Riel was still dressing when we came - our visit was a surprise too. After some chitchat, we went to the mall because Riel needed tracing papers for his plates. The two had to convince me to go to the mall with my lame clothes on. We met Dianne on the way so we asked her to go with us too.

At the mall, we searched for Nemei and continued walking to nowhere. When we have gone around the mall, we decided that it's time to buy Riel's tracing papers. We spent a lot of time in the store because he needed a lot of things. Rabbi came shortly.

Finally, it was time for me to leave them and join my family for dinner. And because it's my birthday, Superbowl gave me a nice chocolate ice cream. There were a lot of people celebrating their birthdays there, too. A lot of people's birthdays are on September, lol.

My chocolate ice cream. It reads "super happy birthday".

Before the day ends and this post ends...

I curled under my blanket and thought of all the things that happened the whole day. Everything was so spontaneous. And I liked it. But after summing everything up, I noticed something missing. Like a splendid wedding without a bride or a marvelous rainbow without an indigo.

25 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

word verification: ecessil

that missing is obviously me. haha.

remember last year, even though i'm shivering in the bus on our way to baguio, i still greeted you that midnight.

it's just so sad that i didn't have any way to give my greetings.

so, ayun. wednesday it is. :D

September 06, 2009 7:49 PM  
Blogger radioactivesamurai said...

AWW, ang sweet ni Lorenz! XD Belated, and thank you for such a nice post. I'm happy for you!

September 06, 2009 10:11 PM  
Blogger Alyzza said...

@pyrotechnics Whatever, Caluya. Vain much?

it's just so sad that i didn't have any way to give my greetings.

That's okay. At least you didn't do anything to spoil my wonderful day. And yes, Wednesday. I'm looking forward to it.

@Kriselle I know! It was actually him who started all the spontaneity and the fun. I love him for doing that. *sniff* *sniff*

September 06, 2009 10:39 PM  
Blogger Joyce said...

Wow, I can't believe Dela did that. :)) That was sweet of him. Wait, is there something going on between you two?:))

Anyway, thanks for mentioning me. I timed my greeting just so it wouldn't be advanced or something. Though it was already 12:05 in my phone. Oh well, you get the point. :) *HUG* That was the only thing I could do to be part of your birthday.

The part about your parents furtively talking about your birthday is funny. :))

September 07, 2009 9:25 AM  
Blogger Alyzza said...

@the terminator Yes, that was sweet of him. Nothing's going on between us, though. :p

That's okay! *HUG*

I'm planning to give my parents Enervon Prime this Christmas so they won't forget my future birthdays. Haha.

September 07, 2009 3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

si dela ba talaga un? baka clone niya lang. or someone's shadow.
but that's a very unusual thing. two thumbs up for him.

anyway. caluya. matakot ka nga sa sinasabi mo. :))

BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY. :D

September 07, 2009 6:34 PM  
Blogger Alyzza said...

@Eunice Onga eh. Kahit kailan hindi ako naniwala kay Dela. He's known for being a manloloko that's why I told him baka pinapaasa mo lang ako ah. Haha. Thanks for the greetings! :)

September 07, 2009 6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

manloloko
i miss the term. hahaha.

it's nice to know na nababawasan na sila. hahahaha.

September 07, 2009 7:39 PM  
Blogger Alyzza said...

@eunice it's nice to know na nababawasan na sila.

Bwahahahaha. Funny. Oo nga! Nababawasan na sila. Good. Sana magsilbing mabuting halimbawa si Dela. =))

September 08, 2009 4:49 PM  
Anonymous effie said...

aww. *dela, i'm single.* LOL. jk.

what's missing?

belated happy birthday alyzza! i love you! :)

September 08, 2009 4:52 PM  
Blogger Alyzza said...

@effie

Okay, don't use my blog for your ads. JOKE. Hahahaha. You can pay me if you like. :)

Baka pag agawan natin si Dela ah. Wag ganyan. Baka pumuti siya. Bwahahaha.

What's missing is a good day from someone who could have made your day better, lol.

Thanks! I love you too! I'm going to meet Nicko at Starbucks tomorrow. You want to come?

September 08, 2009 4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ effie: BF material na ba si dela????

wahahaha. tawa na lang ako.

September 08, 2009 7:21 PM  
Blogger Alyzza said...

@eunice Sumbong kita kay dela. Hahahaha. Pero Effie, may point sya. Pumuputi na rin si dela. Kaya tall na lang sya. Wala nang dark at wala naman talagang handsome. (peace, Dela!)

Pero.. 2 in one sya. Singer na, dancer pa. At di na daw sya manloloko. Tumaga sya sa bato, PM me for evidences. Bwahahaha. Hala. Inadvertise ko si dela?

Still...kung bf material si dela, it's up to each of you to tell. I haven't given it a thought yet. :p

September 08, 2009 7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ alyzza: waw. gumagawa na ba tayo ng bagong BF material dito para sa mga dyosa???

wahahaha. pero MABAIT si dela. un na lang. huwag na nating pakialaman ung ibang aspects.

BASTA. SI DELA AY MABAIT. (at hindi daw manloloko.)

September 08, 2009 7:59 PM  
Blogger Alyzza said...

@eunice Tama. Let's settle at "Mabait si Dela". So Effie, tama na ba ang mabait lang? Hahahaha.

September 08, 2009 8:17 PM  
Anonymous effie said...

ayaw. si coco martin talaga ko mahal ko ngayon eh. x))
haha.

aanhin ang mabait kung ikaw naman ay p___________t. :D

okay, i don't have to guess who that someone is. haha.

September 08, 2009 8:55 PM  
Blogger Alyzza said...

@effie Coco Martin?! I like Derek Ramsey and Jake Cuenca better. Haha. Why do I suddenly become aware of Pinoy stars now?

What's p_________t? Panget? Payat? Parrot? Parang mahabang patpat? Puppy na walang buntot? Palakang nalunod sa putik na malapot? What else?

Badtrip si someone, pinagalitan ako. Oo, PINAGALITAN. Hahahaha.

September 08, 2009 9:12 PM  
Anonymous effie said...

bakit ka pinagalitan? O_O

hindi, pusit. joke.

September 08, 2009 9:29 PM  
Blogger Alyzza said...

@effie pusit, amp. di ko naisip un. sayang. hahaha.

anyway, di ko daw sinabi sa kanya na kasama ko sila riel, dela, rabbi, nemei, at dianne. actually..nung friday pa sya annoying. oh, well. that's enough. hahaha.

September 08, 2009 9:36 PM  
Blogger Nico Du said...

haha.... ewan ko sakanya kung broken harted xa..... kiber lang akoo... sori dtito nag reply.. lolz... anyway... bday hapi... late!

September 08, 2009 10:24 PM  
Blogger Joyce said...

To everybody: HEP HEP HOORAY!

September 08, 2009 10:24 PM  
Blogger Alyzza said...

@Nico Sobrang late, amp.

@the terminator What's the hep hep hooray for?

September 08, 2009 10:56 PM  
Blogger Joyce said...

Nothing. I just want to party!
HEP HEP HOORAY!

September 11, 2009 11:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jake cuenca = <3

March 31, 2010 6:12 PM  
Blogger Alyzza said...

@EUNICE Naiin-love nga 'ko tuwing dumadaan ako sa Bench Body e. Hahahaha.

April 01, 2010 4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home