Stories&Photographs

Friday, February 02, 2007

Dustpan

The dustpan project was the highlight of my day today.

Why do we have to make dustpans if we can buy, anyway? Making it would cost so much time and energy.

I sat and began to smooth my block of wood using a sandpaper. I eyed the passers-by who looked at what we were doing. They must be very thankful because they do not do what we do. It was windy and chilly. I need to rub my eyes often because they hurt when the wind blows and brings dust into my eyes. x_x.

Then I sketched lines on my metal sheet that serve as guide lines. Sketching was easy if you have a ruler and a comfortable seat.

Then we need to hammer the sides. I can't get it right so I asked our teacher to do the right side for me. Fortunately, she agreed then I started to work on the left side. I asked one friend to do the left side because I am afraid I might mess it up. Thankfully, she agreed.

Then I joined the very long queue. We need to use the bench vise to flatten the wider sides. I waited for about 55 minutes. My other classmates were gone, some had finished their projects already and the others decided to do it on Monday. There were still 4 people ahead of me. Since I can't wait any longer, I hammered their metal sheets for them. It was really quick. I don't know why other people take like a century to do it.

I haven't finished my project yet but it will certainly be done by Monday. I still have a project to tend to. I have to make a storybook and present it in class on Monday. I also have to rehearse on my storytelling. T_T.

2 Comments:

Blogger angel said...

Very interesting post. I was so enlightened. You need to get a life. :p

February 02, 2007 10:01 PM  
Blogger Austin Pinoy said...

hehe, when you sand next time.. face away from the wind so when the wind blows, it would blow the dust away from your face :).

Keep posting, im very much look forward to reading your posts :)

February 04, 2007 1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home