Stories&Photographs

Monday, December 05, 2011

Estrella

I held her tighter this time, asking her to come with me. I was surprised when she didn't move. She just stood still and gave me that longing look with her beautiful, brown eyes. I knew what she meant; she did not even need to speak. I have held her back for a long time now. She was always with me. At the back. Enjoying the show.

I have watched her many times. She always seemed to enjoy the show. She would look up the stage, laugh, look at me, and then smile. Then I would pull her closer and lightly kiss her on the forehead. I always knew I make her happy. She would decline stage roles just so she could spend more time with me. Sometimes she would even cancel her show at the last minute to make other plans with me. I always knew she would choose me over anything else.

But this time, it was different. She stared at me with those eyes longing for a fulfilled dream. She wanted to stay. Neither of us let go of each other. I was asking her to leave, but she was begging me to stay. Neither of us were going to change our minds. I sensed that, so I let her go. I turned back and started to walk away. I did not know why I could not stay, why I could not watch her do something she actually enjoys doing.

I know she is out there tonight, shining brightly as she always does. I am sure that there will be fireworks all over the heavens, but I am surer that she will shine even brighter. Her luminescence will last. I have kept her in the dark for so long. I have kept her at the back when I know she could be at the front.

But what could she be thinking? Was she sad that I was not there during her happy moment? Or was she happy because she realized that she does not need me or anyone to have a happy moment?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home